Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0530  (Read 926 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0530
« on: April 28, 2008, 11:47:25 PM »

IluvBarnabas

Re: Discuss - Ep #0530
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 12:29:41 AM »
Of all the people that Angelique/Cassandra tormented in 1968, next to cursing Elizabeth with the fear of being buried alive, I think she was really cruel to Sam Evans the most....she blinded him, tricked him into drinking the potion that would make him have the dream, and now she rises him from the grave against his will and threatens him to tell Vicki the dream or she'll deny him peace forever. I really hated Cassandra in this episode....as if she hadn't done enough to poor Sam when he was alive! [ghost_angry]

I felt bad for Adam....he never meant to hurt Sam and was truly sad to hear about his death from Joe. Joe was no match for Adam, though. Perhaps Joe should have taken a gun with tranquilizers....Adam was too strong for him to control, after all, this is a man who recently survived a jump from Widows' Hill! [ghost_wub]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 02:25:27 AM »
Our own, our very own jf is back after an absence of....how long?  I can't remember.  Over a week, surely.  I hope that he was on a nice, relaxing vacation and not a publicity tour, but this is Dark Shadows, where wishing and hoping don't get you anywhere.

What's this about Cassandra having been back for a few days and Barnabas not having a clue?  Where has Julia been?  Taking care of Elizabeth at Windcliff maybe?  And Vicky says she herself was staying with Maggie for a few days, but I thought that Angelique left that bottle in Vicky's room on the very first night.  The first few months of Dark Shadows, when time was not stretched beyond recognition like a bubble gum bubble, are looking very good right now.

It occurred to me today that after Angelique set the Dream Curse in motion, the Dream was the only possible way to return the vampire curse to Barnabas.  This was a new idea to me, but it's the only thing that explains why Angelique kept pushing it instead of saying, "Oh, forget it.  Barnabas, here are your fangs.  You can keep the silver platter."  Maybe she spent too long in Hell, watching souls in torment, so she wanted to try some tormenting of her own instead of getting down to business, and now she's stuck in the web she wove.  Very unprofessional.

Why is it that Angelique has power over Sam's ghost where she didn't have power over Trask's ghost?  And why are the dead so keen on resting?

Unlike IluvBarnabas, I didn't feel bad for Adam.  I should, though.  Nobody has given him any guidelines on dealing with his fellow human beings.  Sam might have done so if Adam had stayed with him a while, but Stokes is more interested in Adam's intellectual development.  Incidentally, Adam's grammar is interesting.  He's got the imperative down pat, but the past tense eludes him altogether.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 10:14:49 AM »
Joe falling out of the closet and Adam laughing at the window were very scary! [ghost_shocked]

I agree, Angelique's treatment of Sam was despicable! It was horrible that she threatened that she would not let him rest. [ghost_mad]

I was surprised to hear Barnabas say that he had not heard about Cassandra's coming back!  [ghost_huh] There was no mention about where he was. Yes, indeed, I also presume that Julia has been taking care of Elizabeth at Wyndcliffe. [ghost_wink]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]