Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0523  (Read 1076 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0523
« on: April 17, 2008, 06:52:15 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0523
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 09:58:34 AM »
I like the way Carolyn told Nicholas straight out that she didn't like Cassandra - but if her Uncle Roger had been in the room, would she have equivocated the way Barnabas and Julia did?

I'm not sure what to say about the confrontation between Nicholas and Trask, except that it was very interesting.  Even after death, Trask refuses to see the truth.  It sort of surprised me, in fact, when he tried to warn Vicky.  Suddenly he's her pal!

What would it be like to remember nothing of your past?  Today I was reminded of my favorite movie, Random Harvest. Somehow the amnesiac always manages to pick up a girl.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 04:58:09 PM »
Love the confrontation between Nicholas and Trask....but the way Nicholas shrunk in fear at the sight of the cross....he's a warlock, not a vampire after all.

Trask warning Vicki to beware of danger makes me think that despite what he told Nicholas he wasn't 100 percent sure he had truly gotten rid of the witch forever. He knows that Nicholas is a threat...but he disappears for good this time. Although he wouldn't admit it, maybe Trask realizes that Nicholas really is too powerful even for him to handle.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 12:23:55 AM »
What would it be like to remember nothing of your past?  Today I was reminded of my favorite movie, Random Harvest. Somehow the amnesiac always manages to pick up a girl.

Just Googled... sounds very good.   IMDb actually had a well-written (short) review.  I almost quoted the last paragraph here, then came to my senses.   (off topic)   I'd never heard of it.

ILB-- Nick works for the Devil--- so it makes far more sense for him to fear a cross than Barnabas, who was cursed through no fault of his own.   I like that about DS though.    Because of the way life and the supernatural world work, you can be exiled from the world of light and God because of very human passions and accidents.  You can become a cursed creature who will never rest and never get into heaven, because a witch got jealous, even though you did nothing wrong.   That sounds like a supernatural version of real life to me.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 02:49:35 AM »
You made some excellent points, Magnus. It DOES make sense that Nicholas, agent of Satan, would shun from the sight of the cross. He was evil from the get-go, unlike Barnabas, who had been a very nice and stable man before the curse.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 03:19:28 AM »
That reminds me of a moment when Nick was talking to someone, it was in his rented house, and the other person used some colloquialism that mentioned God, and Nick felt compelled to suggest an altering of it so that it didn't say anything nice about God--- something like that.

Nicholas could have just gone along with it, and he could use such expressions himself to allay suspicion.... but at the risk of revealing himself, he feels he has to avoid saying anything (or seeming to agree with anything by way of silence) pro-God!     Either he's some cursed creature himself, or he's loyal to the devil, or he's afraid Diabolos (The Devil, or not the Devil?  You decide!!) will hear him and he'll get in trouble.   I thought that was interesting.

What was that exchange?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 08:36:36 AM »
Two more milestones happened today. This was the first time Nicholas raised his hands to do a spell. [milestone] Also, it was the first time Nicholas used the jewel in his fancy cigarette case to hypnotize someone. [milestone] It was fun and exciting (and, in the case of the lifted hands, a little bit hokey) to watch those scenes. Nicholas was so cool, and I love his voice! His gloves were pretty snazzy, too. [luv]

I also was a bit surprised to see Trask warning Vicki.  [ghost_shocked] He went from her sworn enemy in life to a concerned "friend" in death. I thought it was neat that he thought to warn Vicki.  [ghost_grin]

So Trask was able to cause Nicholas to cringe at the sight of the cross, but was unable to do anything else but warn Vicki. [ghost_huh] That means that Nicholas was a very  powerful warlock - much more powerful than Angelique.  [ghost_wink] It was funny when Trask told Nicholas to "Be gone!" - and Nicholas clapped! [clap2]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 02:04:05 PM »
I also was a bit surprised to see Trask warning Vicki.  [ghost_shocked] He went from her sworn enemy in life to a concerned "friend" in death. I thought it was neat that he thought to warn Vicki.  [ghost_grin]

It was funny when Trask told Nicholas to "Be gone!" - and Nicholas clapped! [clap2]

So ghosts can learn.    I had been thinking that part of the basic nature of ghosts is that they're all stuck forever in the mindset they had at the point of their deaths, obsessed with the wrongs which destroyed them.   

I heard no "Sorry!" from Trask to Vicki....

Nick clapping was funny.