Author Topic: Food Fight?  (Read 932 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Food Fight?
« on: May 29, 2002, 10:29:57 PM »
I tape each day's DS episodes so I can go back and watch them on my own schedule and FF through things that don't concern me.

Today I had to rewind and replay that last scene in Adam's cell several times, just to convince myself that Mr. Karlen did, in fact, bite into that chicken leg and spit it out again.

Yeeeeccchhh!   :o

I don't know which I find more appalling and difficult to believe....that a director instructed him to do that...or that he just did it because it seemed like something Willie would do.

In either case, it was more realism than I needed, and more graphic than I wanted to witness.  I adore John Karlen, and I love Willie's whining, jealous tantrums.....the crazier he is the more fun he is to watch......but please, no more food fights!  :P

Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
Re: Food Fight?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2002, 10:56:50 PM »
This was a great scene.  I suspect Karlen got so into it, he spat out the food almost without thinking--or perhaps someone coated it with pepper as a joke and it burned his mouth!  They weren't above playing silly pranks on each other on DS!

Poor Adam, Willie was just SO mean to him, like a jealous older brother!

Love, Robin

Offline Daphne

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2002, 12:07:57 AM »
LMAO!!!!! I thought that was sooo funny!! I laughed soo hard when Adam broke the chain and came after Willie.  ;D Not that I wanted Willie hurt, of COURSE, but it was hilarious! I'm glad he spit it back out at him.....like, "Uhhuh, you want it now?"

Did they really play pranks on each other?? HAHAHA OMG......that's so funny!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D Would make a good FF ;)
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2002, 06:08:42 AM »
I just loved it! I'm really enjoying getting a chance to see some of John Karlen's version of Willie without the Barney bite influence. It's great how he flows from the schoolyard bully to toady without missing a beat. If only he had been hired from the beginning..... :'(
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Karen_#2

• Junior Poster
  • "WHOA CAMEL! WHOA!! When I say whoa, I mean WHOA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2002, 08:09:18 AM »
It's great how he flows from the schoolyard bully to toady without missing a beat. If only he had been hired from the beginning..... :'(

JK's Willie is such a hoot! And what a BRAT he is to Adam! LOL! He could pass as a Leviathan kid..... ;)
"The Collins blood always had a rather....persistant strength"                       Barnabas to Elizabeth  1967