Author Topic: Dark shadows Resurrected 2008  (Read 6556 times)

Offline adamsgirl

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Dark shadows Resurrected 2008
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2008, 04:50:21 PM »
I'm getting into Burbank at around 6:30 p.m., Thursday the 17th. I'd love to meet up with everyone! AngeliqueWins and I are rooming together, so I'll hook up with her first and take it from there. Most likely, I'll be one of the 2 -25 people onstage with her at the gala, too!

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2008, 02:10:57 AM »
I went to the banquet last year (Tarrytown) and I enjoyed it but have not decided for sure if I'll attend it this year.

How many who are going to the fest will also be at the banquet?

I never miss them rubber chicken and all!

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2008, 05:02:56 AM »
Well, it looks like Jonathan will be personaliziing photos for banquet attendees BEFORE the Fest, so this makes so much more sense, and will hopefully save the poor man's strength, glad they learned a lesson from last summer.  I still say that if you have been to the banquet before, it may not be worth it for 50 dollars if you already have JF's autograph, since you will be able to see him at other times.  The banquet was INSANE last year, as others have noted, though I did have a good time.

I also hope JF will attend the cast reunion that is just before his dramatic readings on Saturday,  I know if I were there I would be disappointed to not see JF onstage with the other stars, like John Karlen, who I am sure will be glad to see his old friend JF again--I would guess that if JF paces himself, he could come out an hour before his readings are scheduled....I mean, why does he need all those technical rehearsals for material he has done many times before, or maybe I don't understand these things...

Offline Garth Blackwood

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2008, 05:55:35 AM »
JF is going to be there again this year?? If so I'm afraid I will HAVE to come
"I am the law sir ... I have one and only one warning for you-- STAND ASIDE"

Offline Garth Blackwood

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2008, 05:07:42 PM »
How do I get an order form, etc?? I looked at darkshadowsfestival.com and googled it and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for ...

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2008, 05:43:01 PM »
How do I get an order form, etc?? I looked at darkshadowsfestival.com and googled it and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for

I'm sure an order form with the Fest payment will be added to the site soon.  But it's probably a good idea to get on the mailing list (join the official fan club) to receive future mailings.  The info is on their home page.  Hope that helped, GB.

Offline mspeel007

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2008, 11:45:48 PM »
I WAS going to arrive on Friday, but I'm thinking maybe I'll make it Thursday instead! We need to plan a get-together! This will be my 2nd fest.....my first was last year.....A BLAST! [banana2] [banana] [cheers]
And in the end...the love you take..is equal to the love you make.

Offline Garth Blackwood

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2008, 12:46:16 AM »
Hey thanks for the info above everybody. I'm seriously considering making my first appearance at a DS festival

I'm curious-- how may people usually attend these events? I'm having a hard time picturing exactly what goes on -- whether you get lost in the crowd or what. Also I'd like to know if its normal for people to attend the event while dressed up like one of the dark shadows characters (I know people do this at comic book and star trek conventions). Thanks in advance for anyone who responds to this :)

Offline D_Friedlander

• Full Poster
  • The REAL Wyndcliffe
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2008, 03:54:25 AM »
Attendance has varied in the 11 years since I started coming to DSFs.  The first year I went, 1997 at the Marriott Marquis in NYC, was, I've heard, a record-breaking doorbuster, an estimated 3000 or more filtered in and out during the weekend.  (This in addition to the 1000s of other guests and events at the same hotel.  A crazy scene for sure !!)   Subsequent ones haven't achieved that highwater mark, but those in NYC were usually better attended and sometimes crowded. 

The last several years haven't been as  over-populated, but the return of Mr. Frid seems to have given things a boost, as well as the proposed Johnny Depp DS film.   So it can still be crowded but probably not so much that it should be intimidating.   

Plus there are  plenty of fine fellow fans to become acquainted with.  Just hanging around the lobby during a typical DSF weekend, taking a break from the events, you can meet scads of DS folks, many of whom are on this board.  And running into them at whatever restaurants, and maybe end up joining them for a meal or a drink.  Or just chatting them up in autograph lines, etc.

Numerous people do dress up in costumes, many on Saturday especially, even if they don't sign up for the onstage Costume Gala usually held that night.  And some, if they have lovely gowns or smart ties-and-tails, will wear them to the banquet the next evening as well.  (Though one doesn't HAVE to dress up for this, many do.)

Anyway, that's my P.o.V.  If you come I hope to meet you. GB.

"HISTORY IS ULTIMATELY AN INVENTORY OF GHOSTS."-----
GUILLERMO DEL TORO

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2008, 04:33:48 PM »
For those coming to the festival in California and hoping to meet people from this board or another DS group, I suggest you put your screen name on the badge the Festival registration staff will give you when you arrive.  Make sure the letters in your name are large enough for others to read as they pass by.   For those who are long time attendees of the festival, you could do the same so others who are new can find you.

Nancy

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2008, 05:16:20 PM »
I'd suggest using heavy black letters too, from a marker of some kind, using all of whatever white space you've been given.   Ballpoint disappears when you see it from a distance.

I can't go anyplace, I'm basically stuck inside this apartment, so I hope these fests are videotaped and made available.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline rainingwolf

• Full Poster
  • Not all wolves are werewolves!
    • View Profile
    • MySpace Page
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2008, 12:27:52 PM »
I can't go anyplace, I'm basically stuck inside this apartment, so I hope these fests are videotaped and made available.

Me too. I wanted to come when it was held in CA, but this last year has seen an increase in my disability so that I am now mostly home-bound. So pics and videos will be sooo appreciated! Pretty please?
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History..."

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2008, 02:37:29 PM »
Maybe we can get together and go to Universal Studios friday morning.
May you die before you want too.

Offline mspeel007

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2008, 10:36:54 PM »
Universal Studios is a BLAST!!!!! [banana2] [banana] [hello]
And in the end...the love you take..is equal to the love you make.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2008, 03:50:52 PM »
Now I'm picturing Frankenstein's monster still prowling around, forlorn and forgotten, breaking into the studio's vending machines for food, and picking off the last person in the tour group...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor