Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0489  (Read 793 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0489
« on: February 28, 2008, 07:52:10 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0489
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 10:27:32 AM »
Nice work by Cassandra!  She killed two birds with one stone: she scotched Roger's plan for a Martinique honeymoon, and she shut David up.

What does Mrs. Johnson think when she looks in the mirror?  She must look in the mirror on a regular basis because her hair is always very neatly kept.  I suppose that when she looked in the mirror as Cassandra left the study, she was looking for signs of stress.  But what did she find?

I just love Jerry Lacy as Tony.  Lacy did fine work as the various Trasks - especially Gregory - but Tony is pure pleasure to see.  What do you suppose Lang hired a lawyer for?  Had he been sued for malpractice?  Did he want to patent a medical procedure?  Had a rich relative bequeathed him that nice house, furniture and skeleton included?  Speaking of the house...can somebody explain to me why pictures of pictures look so very two-dimensional?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 01:12:57 PM »
Yes, I see a photo filling the screen and often think that it's obviously a still picture (Collinwood say) even if there are no trees in the frame that would be swaying to give it away.

Mrs. Johnson is checking in the mirror for signs of vampirism.

I was relieved that Lacy seemed not to be doing his Bogart impression with Peterson anymore, after 1795.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 02:52:19 AM »
I was impressed with how grownup David seemed in this episode. I love that Nehru jacket he was wearing! [luv] David was a much better judge of character than Roger; but Roger was bewitched by Cassandra, so it's really hard to say for sure. It figures that David would be the one to accidentally see Cassandra and Tony kissing. At least it was better (for Cassandra) that it was David and not Roger. Not so long ago, David would have jumped at the chance to hurt his father; how things change in the short span of  less than 2 years. [snow_wink] Once again, the excellence of David Henesy's acting shines through! He did an excellent job portraying a frightened child who could not communicate. [clap2] Cassandra covered all her bases this time - when Angelique made Ben mute, he was still able to write the "A".

I was pleased that Tony was starting to remember what happened when he was under Cassandra's spell. It's too bad that Cassandra made him forget all that. [snow_sad]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 04:42:37 AM »
Cassandra really should be more discreet about where she meets Tony....how about bewitching him into letting her go over to his place for some reason or other? Seems rather foolish of her to keep meeting him out in the gazebo on the Collins estate where ANYONE could have seen them, including Roger.

Yes, Cassandra was VERY lucky it hadn't been Roger who had seen her with Tony....but I suppose she could always have bewitched him into forgetting all about it. Seems to me that's what she should have done with David, but I guess making people mute is more her style...either that or she isn't very good with memory-erasing abilities.