Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0482  (Read 862 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0482
« on: February 19, 2008, 05:59:08 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0482
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 08:03:33 AM »
We saw a bit of Peter Bradford today, when Jeff was persuading Maggie to tell him his dream, and it occurred to me that Jeff and Vicky are no longer a viable couple.  The relationship in 1795 was based on Peter's attempts to rescue sweet, helpless, threatened Vicky.  Now that they're in 1967, Vicky is no longer threatened, and she's the one who's trying to help him.  Jeff's absolutely right that her only interest in him is because she thinks he's Peter.  When Jeff tried to help Maggie, things came together for him.  It's too bad that Maggie already has a boyfriend and it's also too bad that, as a general rule, Maggie isn't helpless.  But I'm sure Jeff could find a clinging vine somewhere.

Barnabas didn't come across as sympathetic when it was confirmed that Lang had lost the talisman.  He looked like a father chiding a son for bringing home a bad report card.  It was odd how, after Jeff interrupted them, they never got back to the subject of Lang being in danger.

And now a word on a subject of intense interest to all Dark Shadows fans: Maggie's quilted garment.  For the first time today, it seemed to me that it might well be a pant garment rather than a skirt garment.  There is definitely an opening in front - but is it a pleat or is it the separation of the legs?  Has anybody asked Kathryn Leigh Scott at a Fest?  Not that her answer would necessarily be correct, but since I understand that she made or designed some of her own clothes for the show, it is conceivable that she specifically remembers the quilted concoction.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 09:19:46 AM »
So, Jeff has had the dream now. I noticed the poem was a bit different this time. I actually liked it better in this second dream. [snow_happy]

I guess the shock of time travel did make Jeff/Peter forget about the past. I'm glad that he's remembering bits and pieces. What a person to remember - Trask! [snow_wink]

Dr. Lang was too careless with the talisman. Now it's gone, and it's only a matter of time before Casselique kills him. [snow_shocked]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 12:05:18 AM »
a few years ago during a fest Q&A i foolishly asked kathryn leigh scott if she remembered the riddle sarah had used to help maggie escape during her imprisonment in the old house basement(..."one,two,away they flew...three,four,near the door"...)and of course she acted like i was from outer space...

so as much as i'd love to know the true nature of maggie's quilted garment i doubt she'll remember whether it was in fact pants or a maxi-skirt...but maybe i'll ask her anyways.
personally i prefer to think of it as a skirt and i would be somewhat crestfallen to discover that it's pants.

on her making her own clothes they do have that "butterick pattern #17" feel.i always think it's nice to think about a young kls sitting at the sewing machine in her cute little studio apartment,trying on the finished garment,twirling before a mirror and smiling to herself at a job well done.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 02:16:47 PM »
I suppose Jeff did have a point about Vicki's being drawn to him mainly because of his resemblance to Peter Bradford. He could have told her to just leave him be from that point on.....but he didn't. Even if he doesn't believe in all this Peter stuff he does stick it out with Vicki maybe because she was the first friend he's found (Dr. Lang the blackmailing mad scientist certainly doesn't qualify).

Yes, now that the talisman is gone, Dr. Lang just may wind up rueing the day he ever got mixed up in the mess of a vampire and his crazy curse! Cassandra will see to it, knowing her.