Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0456  (Read 898 times)

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Discuss - Ep #0456
« on: January 15, 2008, 09:55:19 AM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0456
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 09:59:59 AM »
I liked the way the opening voiceover referred to Vicky as a "fugitive from the law".  I can't remember if it has been phrased that way before.  It makes her sound like a serial killer or something. I suppose that in the eyes of the villagers, that's what she is, but it still surprised me.

Nathan must feel at the moment as though he as a secret weapon: the Tower Room.  He sent Millicent in there, and she came out crazy.  He must be hoping for the same thing with Naomi, and I daresay he's trying to figure out how he can get Daniel to go there.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 09:32:24 AM »
I was very impressed with the way Naomi was protecting Daniel and Vicki. It was very admirable of her and she showed a lot of courage and spunk. [bigok]

Once again, Nathan was the one to reveal that Barnabas was alive. First, it was Joshua, and now Naomi. I really hate him for telling Naomi! [snow_angry] By the way, I loved Naomi's dress today. She always looked beautiful, but I especially liked that dress on her. [luv]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 09:55:26 PM »
I think someone like Nathan wouldn't be able to resist letting the... I want credit for cringing at the thought of using the line "letting the bat out of the bag" even though I'm going ahead and using it anyway... Nathan I think would feel compelled to blast Naomi with the news, just because he could, even though it screws up his deal with Joshua and the family that set him up for life.     So are troublemakers all self-destructive, or is it just that way on TV?

I've been on the planet half a century... you'd think I could stop asking myself questions like that by now.  But no, even now I can't really say what's real human nature and what's the TV version.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 01:16:40 AM »
I think Nathan blabbing to Naomi about Barnabas is for the same reason he does everything else...for self-preservation. He didn't want Naomi involving the authorities in Daniel's abduction because he was afraid the truth about him being the one who planned it (and Daniel's demise as well) just might come out. He had to do something to distract Naomi.

Tragically, though, Nathan underestimated how badly Naomi would take to discovering the truth about Barnabas...... [snow_sad]

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 06:01:49 PM »
I was very impressed with the way Naomi was protecting Daniel and Vicki. It was very admirable of her and she showed a lot of courage and spunk. [bigok]

I completely agree! Naomi was great!  [snow_cool]
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"