Author Topic: Did the Collins Family Own a TV?  (Read 2896 times)

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Did the Collins Family Own a TV?
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2007, 09:24:55 PM »
I think they should have had a scene where David and whoever was the girl that storyline, running home from school, anxious not to miss their favorite show at 4:00... they say all the kids at school do the same thing...they run into a previously unseen TV room and switch on "The Galloping Gourmet".

Very Funny, LOL

Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2007, 10:53:45 PM »
hard to believe but it's true...

it's often said(and indeed i always believed)that the only television set ever seen on the show was in buffie harrington's room in 1970 parallel time.

but there is yet one more!i have been watching the 1966 episodes and on dvd set one episode 27 there is a scene where burke devlin visits his private dick stuart bronson at the 'bangor pine' hotel...and lo and behold there is a t.v. set in his room(small consolation for having to miss a play when burke summoned him from new york).

i wonder what bronson watched(while drinking warm alcohol from a glass with no ice)during those dreary days and nights up in bangor snooping around for burke?
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2007, 03:53:38 PM »
i wonder what bronson watched(while drinking warm alcohol from a glass with no ice)during those dreary days and nights up in bangor snooping around for burke?

I imagine that old Stu got a kick out of tuning into Boston Celtic basketball games (against the Knicks. of course), "Truth or Consequences,"  "Bozo the Clown," "The Dating Game,"  "Firing Line" (a great sure-cure for insomnia) and repeats of "The Honeymooners." [b054] [lghy]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2007, 04:19:38 PM »
hard to believe but it's true...

it's often said(and indeed i always believed)that the only television set ever seen on the show was in buffie harrington's room in 1970 parallel time.

but there is yet one more!i have been watching the 1966 episodes and on dvd set one episode 27 there is a scene where burke devlin visits his private dick stuart bronson at the 'bangor pine' hotel...and lo and behold there is a t.v. set in his room

Page 1 of this topic, reply #2 links to a screen grab of it.   [santa_wink]