Author Topic: 1795 Discrepancy  (Read 909 times)

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
1795 Discrepancy
« on: December 08, 2007, 04:51:01 AM »
I was thinking that if all the people whom Vickie meets back in 1795 resemble people she knows in 1967, why doesn't Barnabas notice those strange similarities when he wakes up in the future?  I mean, wouldn't it freak him out that Elizabeth and Roger looked so much like his mother and father, or that Dr. Hoffman was a dead ringer for the Countess Du Pres?

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: 1795 Discrepancy
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 03:00:26 PM »
Old age memory loss?  He was, after all, almost 200-years-old.  I'm only a quarter of that and I can't remember where I left the salt and pepper shakers half the time.

Gerard

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 05:06:36 PM »
I was thinking that if all the people whom Vickie meets back in 1795 resemble people she knows in 1967, why doesn't Barnabas notice those strange similarities when he wakes up in the future?  I mean, wouldn't it freak him out that Elizabeth and Roger looked so much like his mother and father, or that Dr. Hoffman was a dead ringer for the Countess Du Pres?
He might have noticed but was suave enough to not let on.  Had he been going on about that out loud, he would have been thought mad as a hatter (cf: Vicky in 1795) :)
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 05:39:19 PM »
Can you picture Barnabas first arriving at Collinwood and exclaiming "Aunt Abigail! Why are you wearing such a revealing dress!?  Is this your way of haunting Collinwood"?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 09:59:15 PM »
Well, Barnabas certainly noticed Maggie and Josette's resemblance.... and dressed relatives up in their 1795 counterparts for the party.   He was being very calculating when meeting the family, and would have been careful to keep quiet about anything which led to things he couldn't explain.    "You look just like... well, someone I knew in 1795--- I mean, 1995-- what year is this again??!!!!"   BC isn't about to screw up like that.

I usually think though that the eery resemblances were supposed to be some magical phenomenon peculiar to Vicki.    Everyone may have looked identical only to her.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor