Author Topic: Its much harder than it looks!  (Read 967 times)

hooked

Its much harder than it looks!
« on: May 22, 2002, 06:25:01 AM »
Now look here people that doubt the acting ability of our dear characters.  It is a very tough thing to pull off this acting.  Write down a script from the best written episode you want and get your friends or family together and try acting it out yourselves.  You will soon find yourselves appreciating the actors much more than before. Now watch that episode again and see it in a new light!!
Maybe your lighter will actually work in your scene..and did you ever try to sit up like Barnabas in his coffin? Just that deserves credit if your over 40.
My kids and I have tried to redo episodes and it is really fun and a great way to have some fun with them.  Now they too are hooked!

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Its much harder than it looks!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2002, 01:14:19 AM »
Great point, hooked! And to tell you the truth I never ever thought about doing just that. I probably won't still, but now, at least I have THOUGHT about it. Teehee....  ;)
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Daphne

• Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2002, 02:31:31 AM »
LOL!!! that's great that your kids will play along! Do they roll their eyes? "Not this agaaaain!!!" LOL!!! I wanna come play! No one in my house plays with me  :'( *tear* hehehahaha  8)
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^

hooked

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2002, 03:31:10 AM »
Sure you are welcome!  It is fun and my kids who are 10 and 17 both love it.  We are planning a party at our house and everyone is coming as a DS character.  We are crazy about the show and watch everyday together.

Offline Daphne

• Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2002, 07:13:03 AM »
hooked wrote:
Sure you are welcome!  It is fun and my kids who are 10 and 17 both love it.  We are planning a party at our house and everyone is coming as a DS character.  We are crazy about the show and watch everyday together.

OMG!!! ur gonna throw a costume party like Barnabus?? Don't have a seance!! Someone will talk through whoever is playing Vicki! That would be so freaky! HEHEHAHA I wanna come!!! That's not fair!   :P  :'( *pouts* Maybe I'll go wreck Julia's lab like Adam 2 show my anger .....  ;D LMAO!!!!  8)
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2002, 08:12:23 AM »
hooked, I am so envious!  I just wish that I had the opportunity to recreate DS and have DS parties with my friends or family.  You are extremely lucky to be able to share this with your kids, and vice-versa.

ProfStokes

hooked

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2002, 04:01:03 PM »
The show appeals to a wide variety of ages.  Its a great show and yes I am lucky but the poor kids never stood a chance.  They were destined to be DS fans with me around. I wanted to name them after characters but a certain other person wouldnt go along with it.  Maybe the person with the biggest house on the Forum should think about having a real DS party for us all!  I'll be there.