Author Topic: Christmas_Season Theme  (Read 7775 times)

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas_Season Theme
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2008, 11:29:44 AM »
I just thought I would mention that, since my monitor is very dark (this is an old computer), the red type blends into the black background, so I can't read it without highlighting it first. [santa_rolleyes] Also, when I preview a post, I have to change my color from springgreen to darkgreen, so I can read it, and then change it back to springgreen when I post. It's a tad inconvenient, but doable. [santa_wink] By the way, I love the Santa Smileys and Collinwood covered with snow! [santa_thumb]

----- Sally -----
[santa_cool] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2008, 12:52:27 PM »
Actually, I just noticed that I can easily read the red on white background while I'm previewing a post. So I just have to change the color to springgreen just before clicking on  "post". [santa_wink]

By the way, I have my computer set up to highlight in green, so it makes a lovely effect when combined with the red font color and black background on the posts. [santa_thumb]

----- Sally -----
[santa_cool] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline rainingwolf

• Full Poster
  • Not all wolves are werewolves!
    • View Profile
    • MySpace Page
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2008, 12:50:39 AM »
I had forgotten about this theme--it is fabulous! Good work, MB! We hardly ever have snow in this part of Oregon at Christmas, so this is a lovely treat! [ChristmaS2]
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History..."

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Red font on black BG
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2010, 06:35:59 AM »
Hey, Midnight and MB,

From this middle-aged man with aging eyes, please note that the red font on black background in use for this holiday sason is VERY hard to read.  Maybe if the red font was in BOLD, it would help, or if the default red font were a few points larger, or if the backgoudn were a different color (don't know which to suggest)...whatever, please take a look and see if you can do something to make it easier for us older folks to read.  ;)

Thanks,
Brian

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2010, 07:24:53 AM »
Unfortunately fiddling with the fonts/colors in the post displays doesn't just adjust the fonts/colors there. I learned very early with this theme that trying to adjust the post displays causes even bigger problems elsewhere, so I'm afraid we're stuck with things the way they are. However, that doesn't mean that individual members can't make the forum display differently in their own browsers because browsers allow for font size adjustment, so it's possible to make the text larger by adjusting it directly in the browser. Firefox even allows for adjustments on individual pages/types of pages that don't affect any of the other pages/types of pages on a Web site. And if worse comes to worst, members can switch to a different theme by following the instructions in:
Choosing A Theme
(Though I wouldn't suggest choosing the "Variations on Blue" theme, as was the case back when that topic was originally posted. Nowadays the best bet is to use "Midnight".  [santa_wink])