Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0440  (Read 1151 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0440
« on: November 30, 2007, 07:39:26 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0440
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 12:09:46 PM »
My memory has been at fault.  I could have sworn that Maude Browning stayed in mscbryk's beloved Room 24, but her room today looked nothing like Room 24.

Trask remarked today that this witch was more powerful than any he had ever dealt with before.  Perhaps this is the first real witch he has ever encountered.

Barnabas wondered at the beginning of the episode whether Trask was at that moment planning the persecution of another innocent woman, prompting me to wonder how Trask chooses his targets.  Abigail chose Vicky for him, but he consented to that choice.  What do the women whom Trask has persecuted have in common?  Are they all dark-haired?  Abigail had dark hair, so perhaps she was in more danger than she knew.

Barnabas is obsessed with destroying Trask and saving the women whom Trask would surely go on to persecute in the future.  I'm not persuaded that his interest in the matter is purely benevolent.  After all, Trask has apparently sent many young women besides Vicky to their deaths, while Barnabas, on the other hand, often fumbles his attacks on his prospective victims.  Does Barnabas gnash his fangs with jealousy over Trask's success, as he lies in his coffin waiting for the dawn to snuff him out yet again?

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 10:50:02 AM »
I love the way Barnabas' voice sounds when he says, "Trask!" It's soft and sinister and really creepy! [santa_shocked] It was great that Barnabas thought to put Maude's body on Trask's bed! [santa_thumb]

I'm sure in the original 1795 storyline, it was Phyllis Wick who Barnabas avenged. Vicki just took Phyllis' place. (Of course, that's a no-brainer!)   [santa_grin]

Nathan thought Maude would be safe in her room with the doors and windows locked. But Nathan didn't know what Barnabas had become... yet. [santa_huh]

----- Sally -----
[santa_cool] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 01:56:11 AM »
I realize Trask has done many terrible things to people, but I felt sorry for him today, being harassed by Barnabas so cruelly.

Time and time again Ben warns Barnabas and cautions him against his unwise reactions, and time and time again Barnabas refuses to listen to him.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 11:32:34 PM »
I realize Trask has done many terrible things to people, but I felt sorry for him today, being harassed by Barnabas so cruelly.

I have never understood all this sympathy for Trask. Honestly. It's perfectly all right for him to be cruel to Vicki, but it's totally wrong for Barnabas to be cruel to him, huh?  [hall2_shocked]

I was cheering Barnabas on when he tormented Trask with the hand. I was also laughing as Trask went ballistic, shouting at Barnabas' voice, when he was the only one who heard it, and Nathan, looking at Trask like he was nuts. Classic. [hall2_wink]