Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0435  (Read 1055 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0435
« on: November 23, 2007, 07:57:45 AM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0435
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 04:41:22 PM »
Peter Bradford is pathetic.  The day produces not one but two unexpected witnesses, and he hasn't the presence of mind to say, "Your honor, in view of the surprise witnesses, I need some time to think things over."  Nor does he ask Angelique, "So where have you been?  And how is that you turned up so conveniently this morning?"  No doubt she would have come up with a convincing answer, but he still should have asked the question.

So it never occurred to Barnabas that Abigail's death would be blamed on Vicky?  And he thought everybody would believe Ben's story without further ado?  He's pretty pathetic as well.

If Barnabas had known that Abigail's death would be blamed on Vicky, would he have bitten Abigail instead of scaring her to death?  Or would he have gagged at the thought?  I don't think we ever saw Clarice Blackburn as a vampire victim, which is a pity, because I'm sure that in that role she would have been marvellous, as usual, to watch.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 09:58:43 AM »
That was pretty exciting to see Angelique appear and disappear at will, especially the last scene, when she disappeared just before being spotted again and appeared again while laughing that trademark laugh. [santa_shocked]

So, Vicki finally figured it out, and it took Ben's testimony to do it! [santa_huh] This was one of the dumbest things she ever did! [santa_cheesy] I thought it was very admirable for Ben to testify. [santa_thumb] That scene when Angelique appeared was indeed one of the classics! [santa_smiley]

----- Sally -----
[santa_cool] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 05:21:23 PM »
Why did Barnabas say that his father would be grateful to Ben for testifying at Vicki's trial? Obviously, Joshua wouldn't have been grateful, since he believes Vicki to be the witch. I suppose Barnabas is simply trying to convince Ben to testify.

Poor Ben, made to look like he's crazy. Terrible!  [santa_shocked]
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 02:36:12 PM »
I also don't get Barnabas' statement that Joshua would be grateful to Ben for testifying on Vicki's behalf. I think if anything, Joshua would be appalled and outraged...I think Ben was right to be afraid that Joshua might send him back to prison, because I could see Joshua doing that and am surprised he didn't. Maybe because Ben's testimony ended up getting thrown out anyway Joshua decided to be lenient. Then again, when has Joshua ever been lenient with Ben?

Angelique appeared out of the blue like that was exciting, wasn't it? Poor Vicki and I can't help thinking what an idiot Trask is. Without knowing it, the real witch has appeared and he has her testify against an innocent woman. It proves that Trask wouldn't know a witch if one came up and hit him over the head with a broomstrick. [hall2_rolleyes]