Author Topic: EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING/OT  (Read 2114 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING/OT
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2007, 11:58:26 PM »
My husband and I made a promise to ourselves that this was the very LAST Thanksgiving dinner we would ever make!!  We hate turkey, our kitchen is very small, and we can think of at least fifty other things we'd rather cook and eat.  We're done.  Really.....no more traditional Thanksgiving dinners for us.  I'm STILL trying to get things back to normal around here!!  [hall2_tongue]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2007, 12:43:19 PM »
Raineypark, I'll be interested to hear next year if you and your husband kept your promise to yourselves, or if you succumbed to peer pressure and had turkey again.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2007, 07:20:31 PM »
Oh I'm pretty sure about it.  If one of us was doubtful, it might be different.  But we were both so exhausted it was just pointless.

Besides, the next generation in our family is old enough to take on the job, and all the kids in our family are passionate cooks....especially the men!! [hall2_wink]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas