Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0413  (Read 721 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0413
« on: October 24, 2007, 05:22:54 PM »

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0413
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 04:17:04 AM »
From this episode we can see that Sarah is a very thoughtful child, wanting to cheer up josette by making her a candle so that Barnabas will return.

If Peter has been reading the book, surely there was mention of cars, airplanes and the like. You'd think he would ask Vicki about them. But then I seem to recall he does so in a later episode.  [hall2_undecided]

Ben the unlearned servant is behaving more wisely than Barnabas when he tells him not to shock Josette by returning to her. Barnabas seems to be acting on nothing but his feelings and it's Ben who has to keep him from doing something he'll regret.

Could you ask for a more devoted sister than sarah? She went out in the cold to find her brother, only to have him vanish. It must have been so hard for Barnabas not to appear to her.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 08:49:52 AM »
Oh, dear.  Sunny_Collins sees Sarah as a thoughtful child and a devoted sister.  I see her as a plot-pushing little brat.  I try to be a nice person, but it doesn't come naturally.

This is the episode with the mention of a day trip to Bangor in 1795.  At the beginning of the series,  Bangor was said to be 50 miles from Collinsport.  That makes a hundred-mile round trip. I expect that in 1795, nobody in Collinsport would have gone to Bangor for anything less than a week.  On the other hand, Eagle Hill Cemetery was moved lock, stock, and mausoleum to be right next door to Collinwood today, so perhaps Bangor was moved to just the other side of the cemetery.

Is it me, or did Joan Bennett put her lipstick on with a spatula today?  Or did she have a cold - as suggested by her coughing late in the episode - that her made her face paler so that the red lipstick was more noticeable?

When Vicky was telling Naomi to keep Sarah inside for a couple of days, I was imagining Vicky as a witch who wanted to make sure that she knew exactly where Sarah was in order to cast a spell on her, so that in fact Naomi's best bet would be to tell Sarah to play outside all day.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 02:24:59 AM »
It's too bad Vicki didn't remember about Sarah sooner. By the time she warned Naomi about Sarah, it was too late. [bawl]

I agree with Sunny - Sarah was a very thoughtful child. I can see in this episode why they changed Sarah's age on her birthday to 11 - instead of 10 - she looked older than she did before.

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hall2_cool] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]