Author Topic: Pretty Poison (1968) with Clarice Blackburn on Fox Movie Channel  (Read 832 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Fans,

A friend of mine who has cable has alerted me that Fox Movie Channel will be running the 1968 thriller Pretty Poison with a featured role for Clarice Blackburn. I checked the website and there are showings on Oct. 27 and 28.  The Oct. 27 showing is scheduled at 6 p.m. Eastern Daylight Savings Time.  There was also a showing listed in early November.

The same friend mentioned that they're running The Vault of Horror, the 1973 flick Fox released in a mutilated print on DVD a few weeks back.  I would presume that since the studio claimed that the butchered version was the only one available to them, that is what they will be running on their TV station.  I had heard that a pristine laser disc of this film was released in Japan many years ago (early 1990s?) and that a fullscreen version came out on DVD in the UK of the complete print.  I guess Fox can't pay shipping charges for overseas materials??

cheers, Gothique

Offline markyboo

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Pretty Poison (1968) with Clarice Blackburn on Fox Movie Channel
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 07:09:17 PM »
I recommend seeing PRETTY POISON - it's a terrific movie. It is very quirky, very offbeat - typical of so many movies from the late '60's/early '70's &  unlike so much of the cookie cutter crap out of Hollywood today. Anthony Perkins & Tuesday Weld are both superb in the film.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 07:29:16 PM »
Markyboo, it's great to see a DS fan with an appreciation for the films of the Sixties and Seventies (I love the earlier mid-century decades too). I absolutely agree regarding 99 percent of the rubbish H'wood churns out these days.  When I think about the current scene, the prevailing emotion is no longer anything as vigorous as distaste.  It is boredom--tired, enervated boredom.  (I wish I could insert a clip of Grayson as Julia deviously throwing Dave Woodard off the track in '67--"frankly, Dave, I'm boooored."  LOVE that scene.)

Let's hope that the J. Depp Shadows project escapes the curse of script-by-committee, over-produced gloss, supporting actors who are very pretty but can't act their way out of a soggy Dunkin Donuts bag, and C G Isn't.

cheers, G.

David

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 05:39:10 PM »
 [female_skull]

Pretty Poison is indeed a fine film & Clarice is quite good in it.
If you don't get Fox Movies, PP is on DVD.

On DS: Beginnings, Alexandra Moltke sing's the praises of the film~~and Blackburn's acting~~on one of her interviews.

David