Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0383  (Read 891 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0383
« on: September 12, 2007, 07:06:41 PM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0383
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 03:15:13 AM »
These shows are so sad.  Jerrimiah and Josette don't love each other., the spell is gone. I guess what they have now is the arranged marriage. (By the way where is Angelique, hiding in her room?)  I don't think that she ever knows when to stop.   I can't remember, but the next thing will probobly be, Angelique coming to Barnabas' room to help mend his broken heart.

One question, why don't the search Angeliques' room? Just think of all the things that they would find.   Angelique is a maid, she wouldn't have any rights either.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 06:32:00 AM »
1795 is depressing, but this is a beautifully done episode.  The interactions between Jeremiah and Josette were wonderful to watch: at the beginning of the episode, they adored each other, and at the end, they could barely stand each other.  Since I said something the other day about how subjective love is, I was thinking today about what made Josette right for Barnabas and wrong for Jeremiah.  I couldn't get a good fix on Jeremiah's personality.  All I can come up with is "sort of authoritarian."  I guess that's how they pigeonholed the Anthony George roles, the way they tended to pigeonhole Roger Davis as "angry young man."  And Josette had a very strong sense of what was right and wrong, and therefore felt required to assert herself more than Jeremiah could stand, perhaps.  Barnabas, on the other hand, comes across as less sure of himself than Jeremiah, and as sharing Josette's belief that one must do what is right.  I guess that was why he was able to fight off, to some extent, the personality change that seems inevitable when one becomes a Dark Shadows vampire.

As for not searching Angelique's room...that doesn't surprise me.  At this point Vicky is a far more obvious suspect in the witchhunt.  Aside from the idiotic things she has said and done, she is a stranger with nobody to vouch for her, whereas all the other servants have been with their various employers for quite some time.  Right now, Angelique appears to have nothing to gain from what has happened.  Barnabas is the only person who would have any idea that she might have a personal interest in the matter, and he, as a sensible, modern young man, rejects the idea of witchcraft.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 08:25:59 AM »
Angelique's spells sure didn't last very long, did they?!  [Witch_Potion_Animated] It's too bad Josette and Jeremiah didn't figure out that Angelique was the one who put the spell on them.  [6184]  It was admirable for them to decide to come back to Collinwood.  [okg] But disastrous circumstances followed! [cryg] Now Barnabas has called Jeremiah out to a duel!  [rifle]

Leave it to TPTB at Dark Shadows to cause a big discrepancy!  [hdscrt] The events of 1795 played out much differently than Barnabas made them out to be when he described them to Julia in 1967. [signerror] Jeremiah and Barnabas were the same age - 1967 Barnabas said Jeremiah was a lot older than him. Also, 1967 Barnabas said Josette came to Collinwood to marry Jeremiah, when in fact she came to marry Barnabas[shkdg]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 01:33:42 AM »
After the part where Joshua says Barnabas will be considered part of the enemy if he helps Vicki, was the music at the end of that scene different from what we've previously heard? I don't remember hearing it before.

Spoiler:

I don't like watching these tragic episodes, they're so depressing, knowing that no one will get a happy ending.  :(
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"