Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0370  (Read 1691 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0370
« on: August 24, 2007, 04:57:02 PM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0370
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 09:23:16 PM »
Vickie is being really dumb and she is just setting herself up with Abigail.  I never thought she was as dumb as she could be.

Angellique, has already decided what she is going to do with Barnabas. She is going to use the  toy  soldier to hurt Barnabas.  She said that she would take the soldier back.  Maybe  Jerremiah should have thought about that when there was the attack.  There was no cause of the problem.  Vickie had already brought up the idea of witchcraft,  I was laughing out loud when  Jerremiah walked Barnabas us the stairs when he couldn't breath. I also wonder where Naomi was.  here son is dying and  she is not there. Where is Joshua?

One dumb thing Angelique left the toy soldier on the table with the hankerchief  around it. What if someone walked in.  There is a lot of weaknesses in the script today.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Misty

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 09:48:24 PM »
 ??? One would think that by this time Vickie might have a clue; yet she continues to relate the outcomes of family crises. She assured Jeremiah that Barnabas would live. No wonder the folks at Collinwood become suspicious of her. It also amazed me that Barnabas was able to survive as long as he did ----considering he couldn't breathe.

I also had to wonder about Angelique. She suddenly decided she didn't want Barn to die--------just how long did she consider he would hang on?
Agreed. Not a really good episode. :-[
                                                             Misty
" Small things amuse small minds"--------at least my students have been led to believe!

Offline testokes

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 10:03:45 PM »
I remember watching this story arc on the Sci-Fi Channel and being fairly bored as well. I think it just took too long for Barnabas to be turned into a vampire.  But they do a great job at making us really hate Angelique.

I think there's a kind of naive logic in Victoria's behavior.  The Collins family of 1966/67 were her friends (mostly) and she kind of blindly assumes the same will be true for this family.  Clearly history is not her favorite subject despite what she tells Barnabas since she has little understanding of the social values of 1795 but then the teaching of history was much more focused on politics in 1966 than it is today.

Clarice Blackburn though wow! After watching her as Mrs. Johnson (a character I always found more plot device than character) I was amazed how much she brings to Abigail Collins.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 05:26:25 AM »
Vicky seems to have a whole lot more success managing Sarah than she ever did with David. I wish I could see Vicky in action with Sarah, because I find such competence hard to believe, given how idiotically Vicky is behaving with everyone else in 1795. I suppose she's serving the useful purpose of reinforcing the exposition that is given in the opening voiceover, but golly, will she never learn to keep her mouth shut?

Barnabas is such a male. "Can't we still be friends? I admit that if I spend any time alone with you, I'll be straight back in bed with you, but let's be pals anyway!" It's a wonder Angelique didn't strangle him then and there!

Josette is one of my favorite characters, so it's a pleasure to see her so happy.

Angelique's room is furnished more nicely than it ought to be for a maid, but maybe Naomi had a hand in it.  I like the sloping ceiling.  It is easy to tell that the governess rates higher than the maid: Vicky got the #1 afghan, and Angelique got the #2.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 06:47:28 AM »
The  afghans did more travel than anyone else.  I hadn't  noticed them until this time in  watching 1795. Thanks for pointing it out because I forgot.  I think angeliques room is also a room that comes up later in the story.  I wonder if Angelique ever did any spinning between spells?

But Angeliques room is a lot larger than Vickie's . I guess Angelique need more room also to cast her spells and entertain the men that came to her room.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline AngeliqueBouchard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 09:12:40 PM »
One dumb thing Angelique left the toy soldier on the table with the hankerchief  around it. What if someone walked in.  There is a lot of weaknesses in the script today.

Well, maybe Angelique thought that if she put the soldier (with the hankie)  in the drawer Barnabas would suffocate.  ;D
I set a curse on you, Barnabas Collins...

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 11:23:57 PM »
Angelique sounded very vicious in this episode when she whispered to herself for Josette to hold Barnabas close while she still can, because he won't be hers much longer. It gave me chills.

Also, I like this episode because we discover the tiniest bit about Barnabas's childhood, that he played with toy soldiers, and that they were his favorite toy to play with.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 10:06:05 AM »
We haven't seen much of Sam lately. Now David Ford is playing the part of Andre' Dupre'. It is really weird seeing him clean-shaven! [crazy] I like him better with a beard. [luv]  Barnabas sure had a hard time resisting Angelique! [winkg]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2007, 12:56:06 PM »
Barnabas sure had a hard time resisting Angelique!
It's that "Look into my eyes" business.  Not so long ago, I watched Angelique trying to pull that on Julia in parallel time, and Julia just turned her back on her.  Very satisfying.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 01:13:22 AM »
I have to disagree with some posters and say I thought this was a great episode. I liked the interaction between Vicki and Jeremiah. [spoiler]It's too bad their relationship never went further (due to Anthony George leaving the show).[/spoiler]

I loved the sweet scenes between Barnabas and Josette...we should have seen more of them. But I'll take what I can get. Indeed, Angelique's silent vow that Barnabas won't be Josette's much longer was indeed creepy.

Barnabas did seem to have a hard time resisting Angelique there. While I agree with Lydia's assessment that Barnabas was silly to ask Angelique to merely be a friend after that kiss, but does it really justify Angelique trying to choke him? I don't think so.