Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0367  (Read 1268 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0367
« on: August 21, 2007, 10:58:55 PM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0367
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 11:38:44 PM »
We get to meet a lot of new people today.  Joshus, Jeremiah,  Abigail,  even more tomarrow.  I am bad I am watching ahead.

It is interesting to see Joshua in control of things, it is quite a reverse of what we see in currant time.   I liked that fact that his family evesdrops on what he is doing and he gets upset about it. But then why does he have the interview in the family room or parlor.

We can sse his view of  his wife, and his sister. It likes he likes his sister more.  But if Jeremiah says something he will agree with it.  Back then men were always right and women were always wrong, at least in public.

We get to see Vickie learn slowly, even though she messed it up the Abigail. just thinking that Abigail can see is someone is good or bad just  by looking at her. Why can't she see it with a  very famous blonde?   She hides the clothes in her top drawer, doesn't she know how to do that better?

Good Show
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 03:12:51 AM »
Spoiler:

Upon seeing this for the first time, I really thought a relationship would develop between Jeremiah and Vicki. Alas, it wasn't to be.

I like how Jeremiah is so willing to help Vicki, even if he thinks she's a bit odd. Vicki did show some intelligence in this episode, when Jeremiah asks how she knew who he was, she comments that she heard Mrs. Collins mention him.

I thought it was extremely rude of Joshua to threaten to send Naomi to her room if she didn't stop talking disrespectfully to Abigail, as if she was a misbehaving child! Poor Naomi, married to Joshua, that's got to be miserable.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 11:02:32 AM »
As I watched Jeremiah and Vicky talking in the foyer of Collinwood, I thought how much nicer Jeremiah is than Burke was, and it occurred to me that they should have gotten Roger Davis to play Burke #2.  Anyway, I'm glad that Jeremiah was able to talk some sense into Vicky.

There was a Chinese jar in a corner of the Old House that I have seen at Collinwood and not noticed much - but the fact that it was at the Old House in 1795, combined with ghost Sarah's nonchalance about China, made me think about that jar coming home in one of the ships of the Collins fleet.  Would it have had tea in it? Or ginger?

The foyer of Collinwood looks much smaller when filled with sawhorses and dropcloths.  I suppose the usual furnishings of that set are carefully chosen to make it look bigger than it is.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 08:55:17 AM »
I agree... It was a shame that Vicki and Jeremiah didn't strike up a relationship. [cryg] I like Jeremiah - he's so gallant and kind. Everyone looks so handsome/beautiful in their 1795 finery. And everything is so colorful! [color] I love 1795! [cheesyg]

I agree that Collinwood under construction did look much smaller. [winkg]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 01:22:39 AM »
It's strange....as Jeremiah, Anthony George has more chemistry with Alexandra Moltke than he had with her as Burke....figure that one out, folks.

I did feel sorry for Vicki, her seeing Jeremiah, thinking he was Burke, only to have her hopes dashed.

I don't mind Peter as others do, but I agree it would have been nice to see a relationship develop between Jeremiah and Vicki. But I understand AG wanted to leave around this time.

Abigail was such a bitch to Vicki and Naomi. I could just shake Joshua....it's all right for Abigail to insult Naomi or make snide remarks about her, but heaven forbid if Naomi should do or say anything about it!

Cool episode.