Author Topic: Depp Shadows~~Shoot It As An Epic!  (Read 2382 times)

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
Re: Depp Shadows~~Shoot It As An Epic!
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2007, 12:36:03 PM »
Another poster in another topic indicated the the DS movie may never happen. My take is that Depp would not have bought the rights to film the movie if he was not interested in the franchise plus he would be fulfilling his life long dream in playing the Barnabas character. 

Johnny Depp is very passionate about the things he wants to do, and I think that if he has the rights he'll do his darndest to see it through.  That doesn't mean the film'll get made!  In Hollywood, lots of things fall through.  But he has a fair amount of clout and I think that he will push hard for it.  I think I saw one recent article where they said the discussions have actually been going on for several years before we heard about it, so this is not a whim for him.  And as you say, he's always wanted to be Barnabas! :)

I really do have to wonder how the film will be treated- an epic? Lots of time travel or focusing on one or a few storylines?  Sequels?  All huge questions right now!  I hope they don't try cramming in too much at once; I suppose sequels would be a solution to that...

Cathy

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
Re: Depp Shadows~~Shoot It As An Epic!
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2007, 11:13:43 PM »
My hope is that the NEW Dark Shadows movie will, it fact, be three moviesat about two and a half hours each. The first movie would end with the journey back in time, the second movie would end with Vicky coming back to present time. I'm not sure how the third movie should end. I know that's alot to hope for but why hope small?
May you die before you want too.