Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0359  (Read 849 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0359
« on: August 09, 2007, 05:42:08 PM »

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0359
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 12:20:43 AM »
Tony sure gave Carolyn the cold shoulder after her sudden change in mood upon hearing the dogs howling, telling her he won't be free for lunch that next day. Too cool!

I think Julia should have taken her own advice and left Collinwood, but I think some small part of her wants to believe there's a bit of goodness in Barnabas, despite the appalling way he treated her!

I love Barnabas, but I can't really defend his behavior towards Julia, it was downright cruel, leading her on like that. Even Carolyn, who is under his control, thought it was terrible.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 02:38:50 AM »
I like Carolyn when she wasn't under Barnabas' control.  She was very flerty and fun, then when Barnabas calls she turns into her  rude mode.  Tony should have  just walked out on her and never come back. But then we wouldn't have his great acting.

If we didn't know that  Barnabas was acting at being nice; we might have thought that he really did care for her.  I would hope that the real Barnabas was coming through there.  I wanted to reach through my computer screen and slap him silly.

Julia was wearing one of her drab  grey-green suits. I wonder why they always made her look so drab?
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 07:11:24 AM »
Suddenly Carolyn is no longer the perfectly subserviant servant to Barnabas.  Scandalous!  She actually seemed to be enjoying herself with Tony Peterson, and she criticized Barnabas's treatment of Julia!  She needs a good whipping, or else a good biting.

Naturally I agreed with Carolyn on the subject of Julia.  I listened to Barnabas tell Julia that she had given him the best of her - and he just couldn't hear the truth of the words that he himself was saying.  So he was both a knave and a fool.

The layout of Julia's bedroom was switched around recently, sometime between Dave Woodard's clandestine visit to it and yesterday's episode, I think.  The bed is in a completely different position.  I think that it must have been in order to get the huge drapes into the room,with easy access to them so that Julia could have the scene in which she discusses taking them down with Mrs. Johnson.  Somewhere on YouTube (I can't remember if I found it through the Forum or on my own) there's a clip of an interview with Clarice Blackburn, and she's talking about Dark Shadows being about What the Rich Folks Are Doing.  Or something like that.  Anyway, Mrs. Johnson with her cleaning gave a nice contrast to the Rich Folks.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 11:14:16 PM »
That scene in Julia's room when the rat moved away from under Dr. Woodard's coat was very scary! [shkdg] I remember being really scared when I first saw it. I hate rats!   [angrg]

I don't think Carolyn knows that Barnabas and Julia killed Dr. Woodard... she was just following orders from Barnabas. [idontknow] I'm glad Carolyn spoke up about how poorly Barnabas was treating Julia.  [clap2]  Barnabas was a real SOB!   [vryangg] Poor love-struck Julia wanted so desperately to believe him. Really sad. [bawl]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]