Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0352  (Read 1569 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0352
« on: July 31, 2007, 04:07:26 PM »

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0352
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 04:04:12 AM »
Carolyn is so cruel to David, telling him one moment that she saw Sarah, then the next, denying the whole thing! No wonder he's messed up.

The competition between Julia and Carolyn over Barnabas in this episode is almost comical.

Too bad Sarah didn't save Carolyn from becoming another one of Barnabas's victims. I wonder how she decides who to protect, and who not to.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 08:02:33 AM »
What struck my today about Carolyn was not so much her lack of conscience as her lack of emotion – another contrast to Willie, who, once he was bitten by Barnabas, turned into a big squirming ball of emotions.  Or anyway, that's my impression.  I haven't seen much of pre-Barnabas Willie yet.

Looking at Julia hypnotizing Vicky once again, I was reminded of lori54's remark (anyway, I think it was lori54) a couple of months ago, that Julia is a daredevil.  The course that Julia is taking is so dangerous as to be idiotic – but I'm glad she hasn't lost her daredevil quality.

Did the idea for the subplot of Carolyn-the-vampire's-handmaid come from Sam Hall?  It seems to me that we should be seeing the first episode with his name on it quite soon, and this subplot is enough of a radical departure from what had gone on before so that it seems plausible that a new writer would have suggested it.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 03:11:16 PM »
Interesting theory regarding Sam Hall. His first credit doesn't come up until Ep #357 - but that alone doesn't necessarily preclude him from having been in on some of the planning of earlier episodes.

Maybe Julia99 knows more definitively...

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 05:07:53 AM »
I finally got a chance to see this one. Barnabas should be jumping up and down, a figure of speach. Julia and Carolyn are fighting over him. Who is going to do the things that will help him. Julia wants to be his savior. By being his savior, will he then love her.  ::)

Carolyn has become hostal to Julia.  Poor Vickie is stuck in the middle.  Julia is jealous of Carolyn she really wanted to be Barnabas' blood supply.  Only in fan fiction do we know what might have happened between Julia and Barnabas.

Also I just realized, carolyn didn't have problem with the light ???
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 05:00:10 AM »
Indeed, Julia is really being bold now. She's taking her chances by hypnotizing Vicki. Barnabas must be having a field day, with two women fighting over him! [winkg] Too bad he doesn't want either one of them. I think Julia, aside from being jealous of Vicki, is also trying to save her life by hypnotizing her - a noble gesture.  [angl]

Poor David - one minute, Carolyn sympathizes with him; the next minute, she's debunking the whole thing! [shkdg] David is right with his inkling that Barnabas did something to her! I wonder if Sarah told him somehow or if he figured it out himself. [idontknow]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 02:24:01 AM »
Incidentally, this is the Halloween episode for 1967 - though, of course, every day is Halloween at Collinwood so that doesn't really matter much!  I just wonder how many tykes back then watched this episode right before heading out for the evening's festivities.

I'm also struck by how differently Carolyn is reacting to being bitten by a vampire than most of the others.  She is, indeed, spacey, but exhibits none of the anemia-type exhaustion or sickness that both Maggie and Willie did.