Author Topic: Johnny Depp Movie Cast ideas  (Read 13194 times)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
Re: Johnny Depp Movie Cast ideas
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2007, 02:28:56 PM »
I just found the PERFECT Julia!  Leslie Hendrix from Law & Order!  She plays coroner/ME Elizabeth Rogers and she even SOUNDS a little like Grayson, and she's a redhead.  She'd be awesome in the role!
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2007, 02:54:14 PM »
Yes, I agree with you.  Good call. :D

nancy

I just found the PERFECT Julia!  Leslie Hendrix from Law & Order!  She plays coroner/ME Elizabeth Rogers and she even SOUNDS a little like Grayson, and she's a redhead.  She'd be awesome in the role!

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2007, 05:28:57 PM »
Crispin Glover has worked with Johnny Depp twice before (in What's Eating Gilbert Grape and Dead Man) so the choice might not be that outlandish.  I think he'd make a great Willie!

I would really love for Jonathan or David or any of the other original cast members to have small parts in the film; I hope they consider that idea!

I watch Lost, and agree that Josh Holloway would make a great Quentin.  But I've just seen Cillian Murphy in 2 films recently (in Sunshine, and i just rented Batman Begins), and I still think he'd be fantastic, too.  He is smaller than David Selby, but he has the same amazing piercing eyes!

Cathy

Offline DLA75

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2007, 08:22:25 AM »
Cameo by Jonathan Frid as the Eagle Hill Cemetery caretaker who warns Willie not to disturb the dead?
Dan

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2007, 02:06:40 AM »
An excerp from the thread.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.tv.dark_shadows/msg/160ef1b37efcd509?dmode=source

[now a direct link --moderator]
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2007, 01:40:47 PM »
I watch Lost, and agree that Josh Holloway would make a great Quentin.

Yep. Holloway's got swagger and defiance down pat. He could be good.
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2007, 02:16:22 PM »
What about Christopher Walken as Barnabas Collins? Ever see him in the THE ADDICTION where he plays the part of a vampire who has overcome his "addiction" through fasting and meditation? He was amazing. I think he could be perfect. Maybe he's a little old for the part, but so was Frid, wasn't he? I'd kinda like to see an older Barnabas anyway. I'm sick of the Anne Rice-style eternally beautiful and youthful types.
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline LOOKE300

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2007, 03:36:53 PM »
THE kid who was going to play david in the 2004 show and is now on weeds on showtime still would make a good david.  If they were going to film it now but since it will be a few years at least he,ll be to old by then.

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2007, 03:55:03 PM »
Tarantino would turn DS into a violent, T & A campfest.
YUCK!

Well, forget the T&A part, but I think a violent campfest would be awesome!!  LOL! :D
Don't we already have a violent  T&A campfest in NODS? ;) >:D
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2007, 05:05:25 PM »
Paul Giamatti as Tony Peterson(present) and Revrend Trask (1795)

I thought about Paul Giamatti as Willie Loomis. And if you wanted a scuzzy, ratty Willie Loomis, I can't imagine anyone better than Steve Buscemi.
I love Buscemi, but personally, I have had my fill of Willie "Jim Fyfe" style.  Monaghan would do well by it, however.

I tend to see the the role of Willie as it developed on the original series:  someone who initially comes under the thrall of the the vampire and is a very unwilling servant at first, but greq to not just depend on one another but also care for one another.  Wille and Barn need to have a very close bond beyond just that of blood.  I am not suggesting anything homoerotic, just a very subtle closeness just under the surface of the vampire/thrall master/servant distance.

As for other casting choices, I like the idea of Hathaway as Vicki but based on Devil wears Prada, she seems just this side of "hey, I'm so cute, aren't I?"  Has anyone seen Becoming Jane yet?  I hear she is good but I would like to see the Vicki character with more range.

I love the idea of Jason Issacs (Lucious, oops I mean Lucius Malfoy) as Roger, and leave the accent! I love Edmonds stilted stiff upper lip New England Old money pretension.

Having just seen The History Boys film, I would also love to see Griffiths as Stokes.

Not watching much current TV any more, The Lost references are, ahem, Lost on me ;), but how about:

Zach Quinto (Heroes) - Peterson/Trask
Billy Piper (Rose on Doctor Who) - Carolyn or (perhaps better) Angelique
John Barrowman (Captain Jack on Doctor Who/Torchwood) - Joe Haskell
Allison Hannigan (Willow) - Vickie perhaps?  Or Maggie?
Frances de la Tour (Madame Maxime/Mrs. Lintott (History Boys) - Julia or Mrs, Johnson/Abigail, or Elizabeth/Naomi
Helena Bonham Carter - possibly as natural for Angelique, but lets cast against type and make her Josette, in a potential 1795 Flashback Film.
Penelope Wilton (Harriet Jones, Prime Minister) - Elizabeth

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2007, 05:40:51 PM »
Dark Shadows Cast from Heroes -

Danielle Savre(Jackie) - Carolyn
Erick Avari (Chandra Suresh) - Stokes
Nora Zehetner (Eden) - Vicki/Josette
Tawny Cypress (Simone) - Julia
Ali Larter (Niki/Jessica) - Angelique (?)
Richard Roundtree (Charles Duvall) - Sam Evans
Leonard Roberts (DL) - Burke
Santiago Cabrera (Isaac) - Joe Haskell
Greg Grunberg - Sherriff Patterson
Christine Rose (Angela Petrelli) - Elizabeth
Zach Quinto (Sylar) - Tony Peterson
Jack Coleman (Horn Rimmed Glasses) - Roger
Adrian Pasdar (Nathan) - Quentin
Milo Ventimiglia (Peter) - The Jennings Boys/Twins
Matthew John Armstrong (Sprague) - Willie Loomis/Ben Loomis
Jimmy Jean-Louis (the Haitian) - Matthew Morgan
Ashley Crow (Claire's Mom) - Mrs. Johnson/Abigail

I had listed Tawny Cypress as Maggie, coupling her with her Heroes father, Richard Roundtree as Sam, but I have since fallen in love with her as Hoffman (the screen would positively smoulder with her and Depp onscreen together.  But that leaves me without a Maggie.  Any suggestions for Maggie and/or Sam?

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2007, 05:53:44 PM »
What about Christopher Walken as Barnabas Collins? Ever see him in the THE ADDICTION where he plays the part of a vampire who has overcome his "addiction" through fasting and meditation? He was amazing. I think he could be perfect. Maybe he's a little old for the part, but so was Frid, wasn't he? I'd kinda like to see an older Barnabas anyway. I'm sick of the Anne Rice-style eternally beautiful and youthful types.
I haven't seen the Addiction, but I do like Walken.  However, Depp as Barnabas is what is getting this film made, sooooo..... ;)

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2007, 11:13:19 PM »
I haven't seen the Addiction, but I do like Walken.  However, Depp as Barnabas is what is getting this film made, sooooo..... ;)

Depp's production company is involved in the project, but no announcement has been made about who will star in the film.

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2007, 12:05:21 AM »
Oh!  I had taken it as read that Depp would be / would want to star as Barnabas ...

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2007, 10:10:44 AM »
Oh!  I had taken it as read that Depp would be / would want to star as Barnabas ...

I believe Depp is on record as saying he wanted to "be" Barnabas when he was a kid, I don't know if he has stated anywhere that he wants to "play" Barnabas now. It seems likely that he would want to play Barnabas, but if he will or not remains to be seen. I hope he doesn't. I think he's one of the most talented actors working today, and he's one of my favorites, and I'm sure he would do a fine job as Barnabas, but I just think he's too pretty and too young looking.