Author Topic: vintage d.s. event video on youtube  (Read 2193 times)

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
vintage d.s. event video on youtube
« on: July 02, 2007, 10:02:47 AM »
i uploaded another vintage d.s. event on youtube. in 1988 there was a dark shadows fan club here in southern california. i helped organize the video entertainment. in may of 1988 we celebrated LISA RICHARD'S birthday. CHRIS PENNOCK also showed up. we showed clips and you can see lisa and her daughter watching, reacting and commenting on the scenes. i will uplopad part two with CHRIS PENNOCK soon. you can view this event and others on my youtube page or email me directly if you are interested in purchasing this event or others on video.
www.youtube.com/profile?user=jayteevideo

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: vintage d.s. event video on youtube
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 03:32:34 PM »
Thanks, Joe, that's very sweet.  I always dreamed of some day getting to take Lisa Richards out to dinner to hear her remembrances of Grayson.  Kathy Resch printed a short snippet in TWODS years ago from Lisa indicating that she not only admired Grayson greatly, but was very fond of her.  I don't know whether they had the chance to get together occasionally whenever Grayson would make her annual trips out to "the coast" to do this or that show.

Is Lynn Chris's current spouse?  (I guess we're not supposed to discuss the actors' private lives here, though.)

That story about the moon poppy is priceless!

Best, Steve

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 04:52:10 PM »
Is Lynn Chris's current spouse?  (I guess we're not supposed to discuss the actors' private lives here, though.)

Yes. He talks about her a bit on his website and she has accompanied him to several Fests.

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 05:23:28 PM »
yes lynn will be seen sitting next to chris during part two of the video i plan to upload.

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 08:11:28 AM »
part 2 is now uploaded with chris and lynn

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 03:20:07 PM »
Quote from: joe integlia
part 2 is now uploaded with chris and lynn

Thanks, Joe.  I especially loved his reaction to the "More, more, more" scene and the bat.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 04:36:33 PM »
I especially loved his reaction to the "More, more, more" scene and the bat.

But I'm not so sure Richard Burton would have been happy with the comments afterward.  ;)

I loved the bit about how the Quentin/Selby fans reacted after Jeb threatened Quentin.  :D  Though I wasn't a bit surprised that Pennock didn't get hate mail after Jeb turned Barnabas back into a vampire because the majority of the audience wanted Barn to be a vampire. Why would they complain?

Thanks, Joe. Great stuff...

Any reliable/confirmable info that's public about the stars' private lives is fair game - for example, anything that's published in, say, something like ShadowGram. And Lynn has often been mentioned in SG.  ;)

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 07:38:13 PM »
does anyone have a currrent picture of lisa?
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 06:38:30 AM »
I added another video from the same event. Chris watches and comments on clips from his non D.S. roles. A scene from "FRANCES" is shown. You can see his sexy dance from the movie, "BASIC TRAINING". I tried posting a picture from it here but it never works. always get error messages.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 04:58:57 PM »
The Attachment feature is still down. The best way to include new images in posts is to upload them to Photobucket or any similar free site and then to link to them using the forum's IMG tags.  :)

Offline Phil

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 03:48:02 AM »
But when I did that the other day a mod came in and changed it so it was just a link. Did I do it wrong?
"It's not Star Trek, there's not a convention every week. If I miss this, it's a three year dry spell." - Patton Oswalt on DS

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2007, 05:48:01 AM »
But when I did that the other day a mod came in and changed it so it was just a link. Did I do it wrong?

Well, you were direct linking to the artist's image files (using image tags to display the images found on someone else's webspace so that they will appear here); this is called hotlinking, and it uses the other site's bandwidth (also known as bandwidth theft).  Since the Blue Whale sign images are copyrighted (see: http://www.thoughtnozzle.com/legal.html), however, uploading them to Photobucket or some other free site (or your own webspace, for that matter) in order to display them here would also not be appropriate.  The best thing to do, in that situation (when you do not own the images), is to provide a link to the webpage on which the images appear in context.

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2007, 04:41:40 PM »
I always dreamed of some day getting to take Lisa Richards out to dinner to hear her remembrances of Grayson.  Kathy Resch printed a short snippet in TWODS years ago from Lisa indicating that she not only admired Grayson greatly, but was very fond of her.  I don't know whether they had the chance to get together occasionally whenever Grayson would make her annual trips out to "the coast" to do this or that show.

Lisa only knew Grayson for a short period of time (according to Lisa).  Lisa was married to one of Grayson's great friends, Fred Kimball. However the marriage ended and some of their friends had strong opinions about it.  Lisa is now married to actor Stephen Mendillo (co-star of one of my favorite films, Lone Star).
Julia99