Author Topic: Mental Hospitals in Collinsport Are Bad (Thoughts on the Dream Curse)  (Read 2935 times)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Mental Hospitals in Collinsport Are Bad (Thoughts on the Dream Curse)
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2007, 01:06:31 AM »
True, but he wasn't really helping Quentin selflessly, his main goal was to save David and find a cure for Chris. At that point in the storyline I don't really think B & Q liked each other all that much, they certainly didn't trust each other at all. I agree about the gravity though.

Helping Jennings and David to the exclusion of all else was, I don't know, myopic.... it puts BC into the role of a cliched hero, who does things because he's "good".    I've only just been made aware of the fact that 1897 didn't start intentionally.     BC's being trapped, then having to find a purpose in being there, makes dramatic sense to me.    He can't return as far as he knows, but even while trapped as a vampire in the past, he can do some good... that I can understand.    As long as he's facing the fact that he appears to be trapped.     BC rushing around to fix 1969 in 1897, because, well, that's what heroes do, I don't understand, except as a tiring piece of TV melodrama.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
Re: Mental Hospitals in Collinsport Are Bad (Thoughts on the Dream Curse)
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2007, 07:05:18 AM »
Yes, but he was trying to contact Quentin's ghost in an attempt to save David, which lead to his being transported to 1897 and what better reason to discover the motives of the ghost than to discover the motives of the man?