Author Topic: Here is a new game, what room is this, and what else  (Read 7064 times)

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Here is a new game, what room is this, and what else
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2007, 05:58:34 PM »
I was thinking while watching the episodes 316-320. Could the tower room be the same set that they used for Davids room. Think of the windows and the shape. I must have thing for the windows.  They might change the stain glass in the future.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2007, 06:23:15 PM »
Could the tower room be the same set that they used for Davids room.
I'd be willing to bet his crystal ball that at least most of David's room is there.
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2007, 09:27:47 PM »
Could the tower room be the same set that they used for Davids room.
I'd be willing to bet his crystal ball that at least most of David's room is there.

The 2nd floor of the Carey Mansion/Seaview has a circular bedroom inside its tower.  I think its windows are its best feature, and upon entering, you can't help but be reminded of David's room.  (The first time I saw it, everyone in my group [Nancybe, Nicky, Gothick, Selby D. Pearson, PostCool1, etc.] said they'd want that bedroom if given the choice.)  The upper floor of the tower, on the other hand, was never a sleeping room until recent years-- it was originally used for storage, then was locked up for years, and has now been converted to a dorm room for Salve Regina students.

Anyway, I think there's a scene in the show that uses the tower as an establishing shot before cutting to the action inside of David's room, as if David's room and the tower room are the same.  But of course just because these sets share the same windows doesn't mean they're the same room, though I believe David's bedroom at Collinwood is directly below the tower room.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2007, 12:15:48 AM »
not really a room so much as the location of a room.

during the adam plot there is an episode where he breaks into vicki's room to strangle her.they show him standing outside vicki's window peering in before he enters.

but unless vicki was suddenly demoted to downstairs servants quarters it had been very clearly established that her room was on the second floor with the rest of the family bedrooms.

sloppy!
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2007, 07:41:14 PM »
This is a bit OT but, since we're talking sets/rooms etc...does it ever seem to anyone that the sets seemed eerily more realistic in the B&W eps?  I'm specifically thinking of a shot from one of the bedrooms at Collinwood where you could see the hall which included a window and a table with a lamp or something like that.  There was just something about the way it was lit - really made you feel you were there you know?  I could easily imagine walking out the door of that room and down one of the long dark hallways. I think it may have been during a scene in Liz's room and I can only recall seeing that angle used once.
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2007, 04:51:35 AM »
I do agree about the sets appearing more eerily realistic in the B&W episodes. Perhaps because you weren't being overwhelmed by the garish color schemes!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2007, 05:27:45 AM »
but unless vicki was suddenly demoted to downstairs servants quarters it had been very clearly established that her room was on the second floor with the rest of the family bedrooms.

sloppy!

I've always assumed (I know - a dangerous thing  :D) that they expected the audience to presume Adam had climbed up to Vicki's room. It wouldn't have been the first time a character had climbed up to a bedroom. And, well, Adam did have that super strength, so it would have been even easier for him.  ;)