Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0283  (Read 1133 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0283
« on: April 25, 2007, 06:36:58 PM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0283
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 08:46:34 PM »
I like that Maggie is starting to remember. I don't like the way the Julia did it. Lies to Dave and also Maggie.

Did you see the problem with Josettes Grave, the dates. The graveyard looks really messy in the Daytime. 
[spoiler]Josette had to bury Jerrimiah, not him her.  Could this be that Anthony George wanted to leave the show?[/spoiler]

KLS did great so did GH

Lori
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 09:42:25 PM »
I have to agree with Burke on this: Vicki is being silly here, wanting to put flowers on Josette's grave, instead of Maggie's, her best friend (although that could have been a problem...somehow I don't think Sam sprung for a fake tombstone and grave).

I mean, Maggie was someone Vicki had seen and talked to and enjoyed a warm friendship with. Josette was someone who lived and died long before Vicki was born.

I noticed the slip-up too about Jeremiah and Josette...I think at this stage the writers still had plans to kill Barnabas off so they had no thought at all to Barnabas' background.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 09:45:46 PM »
Great scene between Dr. Woodard and Dr. Hoffman.  No wonder there were so many scenes later on with them arguing; the writers knew a good pair when they saw one.  But Julia is indeed a daredevil, as lori54 said about yesterday's episode, or she wouldn't have left Windcliff with Maggie so soon after Woodard left.  I imagine Dave as being a slow, careful driver, the sort you'd never want to get behind in a no-passing zone, and I imagine Julia as being well-known to various cops on the road.  And Maggie being in the state she is, it would be hard to get her to duck her head as Julia passed Dave.

If I were Vicky, I'd dump Burke at this point.  He's entitled to his opinion, but he's being unforgivably stupid in his expression of it.  There are other ways to bring someone down to earth than, "You're acting irrationally."

Just what does Maggie remember, at this point, of her life before her kidnapping?  Julia asks her if she's familiar with the name Collins, and she says no.  She's lived all her life in Collinsport, I believe, and she knows all the gossip about the Collins family.  So...that's gone?  And I can't help being surprised that she doesn't recognize Eagle Hill Cemetery.  When I was a kid (and it probably still happens in the town where I grew up), there was an annual Memorial Day parade, and it went to the various old cemeteries in town and....well, I don't know; I didn't pay attention to what was done at the graves of the veterans.  But Maggie has to be familiar with Eagle Hill Cemetery, even if she never played in it after dark.  When she was first found on the the beach, she regressed to childhood, and in that state she would surely remember some things that she can't remember now.  So what's going on?

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 09:49:28 PM »
The date on Josette and Jeremiah's graves aren't slip-ups because those are the correct dates according to the original/current background story for Josette, Jeremiah and Barnabas. According to DS producer Robert Costello, Art Wallace created a complete backstory for Barnabas - and that's the story they're going by at this point. It isn't until the 1795/96 storyline comes along that nearly everything about the original backstory gets tossed out the window.

And as I mentioned a few days ago, according to Frid's letters to his mom, at this point the plan is still very much to kill off Barnabas - and it will be for a few more months...

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 02:07:13 PM »
Was Jeremiah's grave shown in this episode?  What dates were on it?

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 02:56:13 PM »
No, Jeremiah's grave wasn't shown.  Vicky mentioned that he had had Josette buried in an obscure corner of the cemetery as punishment for committing suicide.  Come to think of it, are suicides supposed to be buried in hallowed ground?

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 05:12:55 PM »
[spoiler]Maybe this is why Naomi's plackard in the mausoleum says I think 1821 ? Later in 1795 do we see Namoni's plackard after her death??[/spoiler]

I have only seen 1795 once. Suicides were not susposed to be baried on Hallowed ground. But it would seem that the Collins would have alot ot power, to put them wherever they wanted to.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 08:04:38 PM »
[spoiler]Maybe this is why Naomi's plackard in the mausoleum says I think 1821 ?[/spoiler]

That's exactly why.  ;)

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2007, 08:25:43 AM »
I agree that Julia was being very unethical.  She should not have taken Maggie to the cemetery and lie to Dr. Woodard about it.   >:(

I feel sorry for Vicki.  She's beginning to think there's something wrong with her because of her seeing Sarah's ghost and Maggie in the cemetery, and nobody believes her. [sadg]

I agree that it is curious that Maggie remembers so little.  I would think that she would have heard the name of Collins when she was  a girl. [winkg]

----- Sally -----

[coolg]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2007, 10:15:44 PM »
I feel sorry for Dave Woodard in this episode. He is trying so hard to figure out what happened to Maggie, but Julia isn't giving him much to go on, and she's getting really snappish towards him.  >:(
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"