Author Topic: Shadowgram Updates # 168 & 169- The Mystery Guest Revealed! (yeah, its cool!)  (Read 3349 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowgram Update # 168- The Mystery Guest Revealed! (yeah, its cool!)
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2007, 08:01:29 PM »
This news is sure to change the minds of some West Coasters who weren't going to bother coming.

It's changed the minds of some West Coasters I know - but it's actually making them decide to stay away.  :-   But I've already explained that in the "Jonathan Frid and Crypts" topic, so I won't do so again here.  ;)

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
No vendor tables?
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2007, 05:00:08 PM »

I inquired with the DS Fest about the possibility of getting a vendor table in August.  Here's the reply:

"Thank you for your letter. Unfortunately, we are not selling vendor tables for the event this August. We are sorry to disappoint you and thank you for your interest. Sincerely, Dark Shadows Festival"

I wonder if this means there'll be no vendor tables or if they're just not offering tables to new vendors?  Odd.

TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: No vendor tables?
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2007, 05:12:51 PM »
I wonder if this means there'll be no vendor tables or if they're just not offering tables to new vendors?  Odd.

As I understand it, the policy (at least right now) is there will be no fan vendor tables at all.

Offline Phil

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
So it'll just be Q&As and MPI tables? I was looking forward to visiting the table of that guy who took all the pics outside the studio as a kid...

And please help a newbie - around when do folks think tickets will go on sale?
"It's not Star Trek, there's not a convention every week. If I miss this, it's a three year dry spell." - Patton Oswalt on DS

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2007, 07:18:01 PM »
As I understand it, the policy (at least right now) is there will be no fan vendor tables at all.

wow.  No dealers room?  This will be an interesting year.
"PEOPLE CAN FORGET WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU DO BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2007, 07:37:33 PM »
No dealers room?

Not with fan tables.  But there may be a dealers room if that's where the actors and official vendors are situated.

This will be an interesting year.

So not the adjective I had in mind...  ;)

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
Yeah, I love dealer tables and will miss that but I believe the custom at most of the planned small events is that there not fan dealer tables. I may be wrong since I don't travel out to California for the small events for the west coast fans.  I don't recall seeing any at other smaller fan events at Lyndhurst.  I know that the actors who attend this August event will have tables but that's it.

nancy

So it'll just be Q&As and MPI tables? I was looking forward to visiting the table of that guy who took all the pics outside the studio as a kid...

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
I can only hope that the overall event is sufficiently Friddy, and that any special circumstances that some may believe are necessary, regarding dealers and whatnot, don't detract.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor