Author Topic: Roger Davis at Williamsburg Va film con, in 2008  (Read 640 times)

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
Roger Davis at Williamsburg Va film con, in 2008
« on: April 28, 2007, 06:42:25 PM »
Roger Davis will be among the actors planning to appear at the annual Williamsburg Film Festival, which is held each spring in Williamsburg Va. Next years's show will be held from Wed March 5th through Saturday March 8th. Here is link to the website : http://wff5.tripod.com/index.html

guest page:  http://wff5.tripod.com/id16.html

For those of you who have not been, this is a bit smaller than most film shows, and the focus is on classic tv and film westerns, although many of the actors have also been in a broad range of films.  As such, Roger will be appearing with his "Alias Smith and Jones" costar, Ben Murphy. Roger will no doubt be signing a few DS items for fans as well.

I've been going to this show for most of its ten year history, and find it a pleasant, almost cozy show with smaller crowds and an easy going atmosphere. Very family friendly. The crowd is a bit older than most film conventions, and there's something rather charming about seeing senior citizens dressing up like Lash LaRue or Smiley Burnette. (I've seen a few country music stars drop by as fan attendees, not as guests.) Generally, you have time to chat with each guest. The most recent show had Richard Anderson, star of Dan Curtis's "The Night Strangler." There is a dealer's room, again somewhat specializing in western film collectibles, panels, and showings of numerous B-westerns. Williamsburg Va is also a great place to spend a fews days, most especially for history buffs. Jamestown and Yorktown are very close by.

Michael  :D
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul