Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0269  (Read 1935 times)

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0269
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2007, 03:14:06 PM »
Thanks Lydia, I always say I have a great memory but it is short.  I guress talking about cows so early makes me glad that  I don't live on a farm and don't have to milk them.  My mother did, she grew up on a farm.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2007, 04:00:15 PM »
I liked this episode very much - from what I remember.

Let's face it - no matter who showed up, with the possible exception of Carolyn who is pretty stupid these days - they would have figured it out and Liz would have never followed thru as it was too obvious that she planned to go for it. But it did make sense for Vicki to be the one and the scene played out beautifully.

Did anyone notice how Liz's spine literally snapped back into place once Vicki stated that it was not in Jason's best interest to turn her in, because of his involvement in the crime. I loved how Joan played that scene, ending with her telling Vicki it was okay to leave her alone with Jason and her discussion with him culminating in the proclamation that their's would not be a proper marriage (or was it traditional marriage, or something like that). Sexual thoughts aside, you just knew that Liz was telliing him that she would not be playing the stereotypical role of wife - that he was going to be as miserable as she, one way or another. I wonder if Jason thought he'd be having a sexual relationship with Liz once they tied the knot? I mean, he really could make her do whatever he wanted it seemed. I can't picture it.

Needless to say - it was a big let-down at eps end when Liz's spine reverted back to mush but I don't feel the need to take it out on the episode as I would give this one very high marks. Even the widows get a free pass.

Oh! I almost forgot!  Hurray for Vicki!!!  ;D

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2007, 12:03:44 PM »
Excellent episode, as usual. [bigok] Hooray for Vicki, indeed! [cheer]  I loved how Vicki was so protective and understanding of Elizabeth.  This truly seemed like a mother/daughter relationship.  I'm repeating myself here, but I once again state that it's too bad they never revealed on the show that Vicki was Elizabeth's daughter.  Vicki resembles Elizabeth more than Carolyn does.  Oh well... I digress... [color]

Jason is a scoundrel to the max!  I hate him!  [angryf] It just goes to show that DP was a great actor to be able to make his character so hateable.   [winkg]

----- Sally -----

[coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2007, 10:22:57 AM »
Maybe he wanted off the show when he was playing Paul Stoddard and not JM?
He did leave during Leviathans to appear in the film Joe with Peter Boyle. That's why we were subjected to the ridiculousness of having [spoiler]Peter's ghost rather than Paul's haunt Jeb.  ::)[/spoiler]

No..... so many things in life are even stupider than I think.    Scribble out "Paul", write in "Peter".... hey. why not Sarah?   I'd have liked to see her again!    Get her out of school!    There's stupid show business history to be made!    Or the ghost of that guy Tate created by drawing him who lived for a few hours.

I have that movie "Joe"... Susan Sarandon's first, I think.

They weren't doing multiple roles yet, but there were about to start, and were planning for 1795.    DP could have been in that if he'd wanted.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor