Author Topic: In support of the Jason McGuire storyline.  (Read 2604 times)

David

Re: In support of the Jason McGuire storyline.
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2007, 08:22:32 PM »
"over the top" may have been a poor choice
of words on my part.

But Patrick, who was American born, did such a WONDERFUL job with the Irish accent, it was a joy to behold~~a great acting feat!

David

Offline adamsgirl

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2007, 09:00:58 PM »
Welcome, A.C.!

Hmmm. The Jason storyline -- well, I agree Dennis Patrick was perfection as that rogue. There were so many times I wanted to smack him! I did, though, find it tedious at times. I wondered how long it would take for Liz to find her backbone. Still, it's a shame, as was said here, that Joan Bennett and Louis Edmonds became "props" for all the various Barnabas storylines. Also, I agree that dropping the Vicki parentage storyline was frustrating, to say the least.

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2007, 04:21:33 AM »
I really enjoyed the Jason storyline, but I agree with adamsgirl that it became a bit tedious, as do any blackmail storylines, because the person being blackmailed always complies with the demands for the LONGEST TIME before they decide to do anything about it. But hey, I suppose there wouldn't be any drama otherwise.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2007, 08:40:34 PM »
In Art Wallace's original bible "Shadows on the Wall" he planned on having Paul Stoddard return, after the Jason story ended, to "escape the forces that pursue him".

It also written to have Burke go away to South America at this time and then return for a romance with Vicky.

Jason was originally to be left to go away by Liz as it was done on the show, but then, while Liz after realizing she spent all those years in Collinwood for nothing was to have a scene wher she goes hysterical and smashing/ throwing vases, furniture, etc. all around in a real fit.