Author Topic: Dear Dead Amanda  (Read 2724 times)

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
Re: Dear Dead Amanda
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2007, 07:28:05 PM »
I always liked Amanda.  I can never figure out what it is about her that turns people off.

Ok let me explain my own personal feelings here. The woman was a consummate whiner. Her first line was "Why did I have to wait downstairs for five minutes?" Good grief it was ONLY five minutes! Second she wears way too much makeup. Third, four men were after her, and one of them considered her the perfect woman. Why pray tell, does the "perfect woman" need so much makeup? Her fake eyelashes were an inch long! Fourth, Quentin fell for her instead of not only Beth, but every other woman he'd ever been with. What was it about her? She was nothing but a plastic barbie doll.

As far as acting, the character that always turned me off was Beth.  She had a habit of speaking her lines in a monotone.  Amanda wasn't award winning material, but she was better than that. 

I will concur on this one, though I like Beth. She could be a whiner herself. But her loyalty and love for Quentin win me over to her much more than that flake Amanda Harris. I believe Quentin had sincere feelings for her but it never seemed to actually amount to love. Her time with him was during his still immature stage when he couldn't appreciate her as much as he should have.

The thing I didn't like was her falling in love with Quentin, I mean, good grief, every woman who came within 50 feet of the guy was kissing him within 60 seconds of meeting him.

And if I met him I'd be trying for that same honor...wow is he sexy or what?

I thought she played a pretty interesting part in the story line up until then, but once she fell for Q she was just another lovestruck goof.  I'm just starting on the Leviathan story right now and I really like her character in that as well, she's one of the few bright spots in an otherwise dull plot.

While she was more bearable as Olivia, I liked her hair and her makeup wasn't as bad, she was still a whiner and truth be told I was very very very happy when [spoiler]she fell off that bridge into oblivion!![/spoiler]

Alondra

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2007, 12:40:44 AM »
[spoiler]she fell off that bridge into oblivion!![/spoiler]

Uh, you might want to [spoiler]watch Ep #934 again because that isn't quite how she met her end.[/spoiler]

[wink2]

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2007, 03:39:59 AM »
Uh, you might want to [spoiler]watch Ep #934 again because that isn't quite how she met her end.[/spoiler]

In a way I kind of feel sorry for the poor girl as [spoiler]immediately after the scene where she is buried under the rocks, they turned the lights out on that set and she was forced to pull herself out of the rubble in the dark![/spoiler]

Offline Willie

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2007, 05:23:41 AM »
Sorry, can't read any of your spoilers because I'm not that far into the Leviathon plot yet  ;D

Oh you women and your Quentin  ;D  Mutton chops and all?!?

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2007, 05:26:24 AM »
Personally, I think Quentin is much better looking once he loses the mutton chops. But hey, that's just me. [winkg]

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2007, 08:21:57 AM »
Mutton chops or not, it's the suit that kills me. I absolutely *love* men in three piece suits, especially with frock coats. *dies* The wardrobe for 1897 is my favorite of the entire series.

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2007, 04:43:22 AM »
Oh you women and your Quentin  ;D  Mutton chops and all?!?

the man still has it too ;D(and i hate mutton chops but the Q man could pull it off 8))

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV