Author Topic: DS Actors in BURNT OFFERINGS  (Read 2167 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: DS Actors in BURNT OFFERINGS
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2007, 11:08:40 PM »
I'd recommend revisiting the film.

I'll certainly do my best to try. And I'll certainly concede that there have been instances where I've rewatched something after not having seen it in years and I've appreciated things that I'd not really paid much attention to or that had gone completely over my head the first time. Though there are also those times when I've revisited something that I liked originally, and after watching it again, I've found myself scratching my head and wondering what the hell I ever saw in it?  ;)

In my opinion, the main issues with HODS are the rushed nature of the storytelling and the lack of development on almost every character after a certain point. Most of this I blame on the poor choice made to not film a couple of scenes and to edit out a raft of others that would have made the film less haphazard, and would have made it a more involving film with a more polished story.

Exactly! There was no worse choice possible than choosing violence/gore over character.  ::)  Especially when they could have easily coexisted.

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: DS Actors in BURNT OFFERINGS
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2007, 03:42:35 AM »
Darren, I agree with you that the movie is pretty much a scene-by-scene filming of the book.  But the one final problem--for me--with the difference between the two is the book's description of what happens as Marian opened the door to the grand lady's room for the last time.  As I recall, the images and descriptions in the book as to what happens that creates the new grand lady (I use that term so as not to spoil the book or film for others) are skipped over in the film.  And even the screenplay, which I just checked, omits this fantastical chain of events.  I still think this was chucked to avoid cost overruns on special effects, but in the end, there are many wonderful scenes--and some grand camp!!- in the film.

Now, back to my topic, would anyone like to cast the DS actors in a parallel time version of this film?  LOL.

Brian