Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0232  (Read 2451 times)

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
Re: Discuss - Ep #0232
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2007, 10:16:20 PM »
Everyone is babysitting Maggie and she hates it.  I feel real bad for Joe when Maggie yells at him to get out and never come back, "it's over".

Jason plays the detective again; piecing a few clues together and coming up with W-i-l-l-i-e.  We see the result of Barnabas' beating, all on his face, but we don't see what's under the clothes.  There could be more bruises and lacerations.  Willie warns Jason not to get involved but Jason promises to find out what Willie is up to.  Well, those of us who've seen what happens, [spoiler]knows Jason does find out Barnabas' secret and he isn't too happy about what he learns.  And Willie warns him then too.[/spoiler]

The ending was very spooky.  Vicki and Maggie in her room, the doors swing open [thought they were locked] and a man stands there.  We recognize the silhouette as Barnabas in his cape but there is no ending credits of JF's name.  One of his stand-ins.
[/b]
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2007, 01:09:06 PM »
Another excellent episode.  Jason was too nosy and not caring enough about Willie.  I agree that Vickie was too polite to him, but I understand how it could happen - I probably would have felt the same way.  It's hard to avoid someone like that. [rleyeg]

The 2 best scenes were the one of Barnabas at the end (so spooky and scary - it made me jump) [shkdg] and poor Willie's face (so sad - I felt sorry for him). [cryg]

Poor Joe - getting mixed messages from Maggie. [sadg]

----- Sally -----

[coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2007, 07:52:17 PM »
I realize Maggie is under Barnabas's control, but she is being such a brat! She rudely orders Joe to leave and never come back. Poor Joe, he's trying so desperately to do the right thing by Maggie, fully aware she isn't acting like herself, and kind enough not to take it personally. He calls Vicki to take his place, a very considerate gesture on his part.

A lot of people say Joe is boring, but I've always liked him a great deal. He's steady and dependable, and since when is having an exciting and adventurous attitude a prerequisite to being in love?  :)

Jason is interesting, and at times even witty, but Liz definitely doesn't hold anything but contempt for him. Barnabas is mysterious and charming, but he's also very dangerous at this point in the show. So for now, I'd take "Boring" Joe over Barnabas and Jason.  :)
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"