Author Topic: DS The Beginning DVD Disc Problems?  (Read 4422 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
MPI sent a notice to their DVD club that shipment began for the replacement disc.  It states, "The disc has just completed manufacturing & has been quality tested to make sure that the issues with the previous version have been corrected."

As the previous post states, it is being automatically sent to all club members who received the 1st Collection.  Anyone who hasn't yet received Collection 1 will be purchasing a corrected set.  (Will the incomplete disc become a collector's item?  ;))

In other news, shipping of Collection 2 (eps 35-70) will start the week of March 26.  The eps are promised "complete and uncut."  :D

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I got that message too.

[banana] [banana2]
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: DS The Beginning DVD Disc Problems?
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2007, 10:04:52 PM »
Me too¢â‚¬¦yes, after all my penny pinching grousing, I caved and joined up to get the Beginning DVD's.  I was getting a little antsy about completing the collection so; I sat down one snowy day and did the math.  I figured that while I was going to pay a bit more in the long run, it would be worth it to me in the short run.  Ahhh well, I guess peace of mind comes at a price sometimes!  (You just KNOW MPI was counting on somewhat warped, nostalgia tinged reasoning like that now dontcha!   ;))
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline I Ching

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: DS The Beginning DVD Disc Problems?
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2007, 11:59:00 PM »
I got my replacement disc yesterday (Saturday, March 3).  I'm very pleased with MPI's prompt correction of this problem.
Hexagram # 51 - Chen (symbolizes the decisive moment when change is recognized)