Author Topic: THE DREAMCURSE  (Read 4442 times)

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
Re: THE DREAMCURSE
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2007, 04:07:47 AM »
Yes, Angelique isn't afraid to torture and torment children, she already proved that [spoiler]back in 1795, when she stuck pins in Sarah's doll, making Sarah very sick, and with her curse, which she stated everyone who loves Barnabas will die, Sarah falls ill again and dies in Barnabas' arms.[/spoiler]

[furious] As far as I am concerned that was Angelique's most awful act.

I completely agree with this! To use and exploit a child for your own personal reasons is inexcusable, and Angelique should never have involved any child in her revenge. After all, they're innocent, and not even desperation, or whatever it is that motivates Angelique can excuse her for harming them.  >:(
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2007, 04:38:42 AM »
I agree that [spoiler]Angelique's torment of little Sarah is the worst thing she ever did but what may be a close second is what she did to Sam Evans. Rendering that poor man permanently blind so that he could no longer paint is just beyond cruel.[/spoiler]

As for the dream curse, I liked it and didn't find it at all boring, the only parts that were a bit hard to take were the fake props which scared everyone. But they were supposed to be accepted as the real thing. Now if Angelique had had me in her sequence my door would have revealed a raging fire, which is my worst fear.

John Karlen's acting when Willie had the dream was amazing and I loved it.

The Professor's engaging Angelique was brilliant but he made a fatal mistake afterward when he [spoiler]still ended up revealing to Sam just enough that Sam ended up having the dream anyway. Though he didn't feel compelled to tell him, over two visits I think, he ended up telling him just enough. Otherwise Sam wouldn't have had it. So the Professor's plan didn't end up working. Still I'm glad that in the long run Barnabas did not revert to becoming a vampire again.[/spoiler]

Alondra

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2007, 05:07:14 AM »
[spoiler]But Cassandra was the one who got the dream curse starting again. Remember when she visited Sam at the hospital, she tricked him into drinking some water which she drugged which caused him to fall asleep and have the dream.

I think the dream curse went something like this: the last person to have the dream had to tell the WHOLE dream, and everything that happens in it to the smallest detail, not bits and parts of it and Professor Stokes never really revealed any specific details at all to Sam exactly what happened to the dream, like the riddle for instance.[/spoiler]

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2007, 05:49:19 AM »
I most definitely agree with Alondra when she says that one of the cruelest things Ang did was to cause [spoiler]Sam to go blind.[/spoiler] But I also thought that it was one of the best and most fitted things she did to anyone during the entire run of the show.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2007, 09:11:14 AM »
If they would have shown less of the dreams, and showed more of the stress that people were under that would have been better. Let us use more or our imagination. I think it started to be shorter. Then the actors had too much fun getting to play with the doors, Maybe is some ways it was a test.

AT the end of the sequence, the stress of not telling the dream was more powerful. Why didn't someone think why didn't Cassandra have the dream? Of course Julia and Barn knew,
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2007, 10:28:06 AM »
I wanted Adam to be the next new face in the Dream, back when he couldn't speak yet.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2007, 09:21:38 PM »
I wanted Adam to be the next new face in the Dream, back when he couldn't speak yet.   
[spoiler]My favorite was the headless creation[/spoiler]
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.