Author Topic: Episode 123 / Intro to Laura  (Read 871 times)

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Episode 123 / Intro to Laura
« on: December 15, 2006, 04:50:47 PM »
I was checking out the slide show and much to my delight, it features stills from ep 123 - Laura's return to Collinsport. I first saw this episode in the 90's and I loved it. A classic soap opera moment written in classic S/O style. I absolutely love D. Millay's acting style (so retro!) and she really played it to the hilt. It is one of my favorites DS moments. Laura's return was just the shot in the arm that the Roger/Burke/Sam needed at his point (IMO) and D. Millay provided it in spades.

My earliest DS memories from the 60's are of Laura, so it was such a treat to finally see her intro, and the complete storyline.

It seems odd that Maggie doesn't recognize her. It must have something to do with Roger & Laura leaving town, but I honestly don't remember how many years they were away.

Great memories...Great choice MB

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 123 / Intro to Laura
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 05:03:26 PM »
I too enjoyed Diana's acting in these episodes.  Can't say I enjoyed her much during the 1897 plotline, but here she was a delight.

[santa_thumb]
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 05:12:20 PM »
It seems odd that Maggie doesn't recognize her. It must have something to do with Roger & Laura leaving town, but I honestly don't remember how many years they were away.

I *think* Roger and Laura had left Collinsport 10 years ago, soon after Burke's trial. So, yeah, one would certainly think Maggie should have been old enough then to recognize Laura upon her return in '66 - particularly when one considers that Laura and Burke we such good friends and Sam and Burke had been so close.  [santa_undecided]

Great choice MB

I hoped you'd like them.  [santa_wink]

And BTW, let me publicly welcome you back. You've been missed!  [santa_smiley]

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 06:18:24 PM »
i so agree.

i was wowed by laura the minute she walked into the diner(the suit!the hat!the gloves!)and loved diana millay's strange delivery.i also love the character of maggie in these episodes.it's sort of her last storyline where she still functions in her orginal purpose(waitress,town gossip,good girl from the wrong side of the tracks)before her descent into perpetual victimhood begins.

and welcome back dom!
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.