Author Topic: New Collinsport Gift Shop  (Read 2177 times)

Offline dvlvan26

• Full Poster
  • DS is the Greatest Show on Earth!
    • View Profile
New Collinsport Gift Shop
« on: December 06, 2006, 02:40:08 PM »
Hello to All Cousins!

Chris Jennings has returned to Collinwood and has opened a new gift, which sells items for Christmas?

Who are his customers and what would each person buy?

dvlvan26, Class of 2007

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
Re: New Collinsport Gift Shop
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 05:34:52 PM »
Hmm. Well I do know that he would have no shortage of things to sell if he checked the water under the docks. I mean with all those people that were thrown down there after someone killed them, there's all kinds of antique jewlery and other fancy things that may not have washed away through time. Oh, and he could look at the bottom of Widow's Hill too, and maybe he'd find THE PEN.

As to who would by what and for whom:

Julia would buy mistletoe for Barnabas so that maybe he would FINALLY get the hint.
Prof. Stokes would buy an "I can read" book for Adam and ship it to the far east.  [santa_grin]
Beth could buy Quentin a new flipping record.
Megan and Phillip could buy Michael some braces.  [santa_grin]
Carolyn could buy Buzz a happenin' new wreath for the front of his bike!!!!   [santa_grin]
Liz could buy David a new tape recorder and burn that Dr. Lang tape.
And Roger could by Cassandra some hair dye or a new wig that would better suit her.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 10:54:22 PM »
Is there a nursery section?  Perhaps Willie or whoever tends the grounds at Collinwood could buy some Monkshood, aka Wolf's Bane for the gardens.....  [santa_cheesy]
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 11:45:54 PM »
Is there a nursery section?  Perhaps Willie or whoever tends the grounds at Collinwood could buy some Monkshood, aka Wolf's Bane for the gardens.....  [santa_cheesy]

Oh, I could GIVE him some of mine.....it did VERY well in the garden this year...... [santa_wink]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 11:50:12 PM »
Oh, I could GIVE him some of mine.....it did VERY well in the garden this year...... [santa_wink]
But you'd be cutting into Chris' sales! [santa_sad]
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 06:37:08 PM »
I think the entire family should go to the gift shop and purchase Christmas decorations and have Collinwood decked for the holidays for once!  [santa_grin] Oh, and perhaps they might also buy a snow machine because Collinsport seems to avoid snowy winters!

Julia could buy Barnabas a "Do Not Disturb" sign to place atop his coffin so she wouldn't have to guard him during the day.

Elizabeth or Roger could buy David a TV, after all, he probably doesn't even know what one is!  [santa_grin]

Barnabas could buy his little sister Sarah a new flute, she could still play it even if she is a ghost!  [santa_cool] [santa_thumb]
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 07:16:08 PM »
Julia could buy Barnabas a "Do Not Disturb" sign to place atop his coffin so she wouldn't have to guard him during the day.

Now that made me giggle!

Barnabas could buy his little sister Sarah a new flute, she could still play it even if she is a ghost!  [santa_cool] [santa_thumb]

Not if I buy up every one of them first.   [santa_wink]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 09:53:24 PM »
Julia could buy another tape recorder for David and throw the other one out so they (and us) would never ever have to listen to "Julia....when....when you do the experiment again....if both Barnabas and my creation live..."

And either Carolyn or Professor Stokes should really, REALLY buy Adam a new wardrobe. The black outfit with the gray sweater made him out to be too gloomy and somewhat fearful (though I guess that was the point) and the gray sweater....I just didn't think it looked too good on him.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 01:35:57 PM »
And either Carolyn or Professor Stokes should really, REALLY buy Adam a new wardrobe.

Well, the last time we ever saw Adam (in Ep #636) Stokes had dressed him in a red plaid shirt, so perhaps that was the direction Adam's taste in fashion might have been headed:

[santa_wink]

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 08:19:28 PM »
Julia could buy another tape recorder for David and throw the other one out so they (and us) would never ever have to listen to "Julia....when....when you do the experiment again....if both Barnabas and my creation live..."

From memory:

"if they both live.....Barnabas will be free..and healthy as long as....Adam lives......But if Adam dies......Barnabas Collins will be....as he was.....befoooorrreeee."
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2006, 08:35:03 PM »

Maybe one of those tapes to play with the sound of an angry dog barking....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2006, 08:48:28 PM »
Quote from: MagnusTrask

Didn't you mean an unhappy dog howling?... [santa_wink]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2006, 09:31:12 PM »
Well, the last time we ever saw Adam (in Ep #636) Stokes had dressed him in a red plaid shirt, so perhaps that was the direction Adam's taste in fashion might have been headed:
(IMG)
(see Adam in plaid shirt above ^)
Looks like a cap from an earlier attempt at a current show...perhaps something like "My Name is Adam".   [santa_cheesy]

I think the shop would carry all kinds of unusual items like ornate imported voodoo doll cases, crystal brandy carafe with little silver days of the week signs on chains, brass afghan hangers, rare Tarot cards, books on various topics like vampirism, lycanthrophy, places to hide during a full moon, witchcraft, casting/breaking spells and curses, 100 ways to rig your father's sports car and send him screaming into the ocean, and of course, a nice selection of herbs and small animal body parts.
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2006, 05:08:46 PM »
Quote from: MagnusTrask
Didn't you mean an unhappy dog howling?... [santa_wink]

Yes, or maybe he could do what we did for Halloween two or three times when i was a kid-- blast Robert Cobert music, especially the tense bits leading up to disasters!   What better way to say "Run for your lives!!!"?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2006, 06:40:20 PM »
i'm from new england so you can bet this would be spelled "shoppe" as in ye olde collinsport gift shoppe.

would it be nice if they sold jewelry?

what about the show's small but signifigant props cast in sterling silver.

the fountain pen(natch),the bleeder valve,a brandy decanter,elizabeth's key to the locked room,vicki's charm bracelet,barnabas' ring,julia's medallion/syringe/medical bag,the collins family history book,josette's music box/earings,sarah's flute/doll,quentin's telephone/gramaphone,laura's urn,etc..

they could be worn individually or mixed-and-matched like charms.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.