Author Topic: Of all the time-travelling stories on the show....  (Read 2388 times)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Of all the time-travelling stories on the show....
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2007, 10:58:33 PM »
I imagine that people in 1995 Collinsport had bigger concerns on their minds than micro-managing other people's wardrobes.  Besides, wasn't it somewhere around there in the 90s that a sort of electric sickly green came back?  It was just one year I think.    Anyway, I was struck by how they pulled off 1995 by being conservative about it all, just at the point when things were changing so fast that all predictions about the future were extreme. 

The only concession to a science-fiction-y future or new technology was during the closing credits once, where some strange-looking electronic device, maybe a clock, was shown close up.

Weren't there still plenty of physical files twelve years ago?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2007, 11:39:07 PM »
Weren't there still plenty of physical files twelve years ago?

OMG! You should see the office I work in. There are 4 monstrous filing cabinets in the office itself, not including desk drawers (1 metal monstrosity I'm pretty sure dates back to before 1970), and another 2 out in the Visitor Center Lobby. In fact Monday at work I spent all afternoon boxing up the filing records from 2005 and making space for the filing folders of 2007!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2007, 04:50:36 AM »
Egad arashi... I guess that would be a "yes"... that's reassuring to me, in a way.    Not to you, obviously.     Any paper cuts?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2007, 08:00:20 AM »
Egad arashi... I guess that would be a "yes"... that's reassuring to me, in a way.    Not to you, obviously.     Any paper cuts?

Many! It's an occupational hazard.