Author Topic: Worst Scenes  (Read 3716 times)

IluvBarnabas

Re: Worst Scenes
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2006, 03:42:55 AM »
Other than the scene where [spoiler]he introduces Angelique to his friend (and her old enemy) Nicholas Blair[/spoiler] I also find any scene with Sky Rumson a trip to dullsville. Likewise Randall Drew. These guys were so wooden, a woodpecker would have a field day with them!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2006, 07:16:38 AM »
sad to see poor Barnabas repeating "experiment" over and over again and see him lying down on those ridiculous medical beds down in the Old House.

Hmmm... Didn't they only repeat the first experiment once? They did it the first time but [spoiler]Lang was accidentally killed by Cassandra.[/spoiler] And then when they repeated it, it was successful. (And it all took place in Lang's lab both times.  :)) But I suppose they did repeat both instances at the end of an episode and then as the teaser of the following episode.  ;)

Any scene with Laura Collins in 1897.

OMG, I LOVE 1897 Laura! Diana Millay gives an extremely witty performance throughout. And the scene in which [spoiler]Quentin writhes in agony while Laura glibly recounts the story of her "death" in Alexandria[/spoiler]is among my favorites in the 1897 storyline.

Woman was a world-class bitch, yo!

For me that's one of the best things about her!  ;D

Offline petofi

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • " Collinwood '68 - Fashions courtesy of Ohrbach's"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2006, 07:26:02 AM »
Other than the scene where [spoiler]he introduces Angelique to his friend (and her old enemy) Nicholas Blair[/spoiler] I also find any scene with Sky Rumson a trip to dullsville.

"ANNNN - JUHHH - LEEEK!"  [hall2_grin]

Petofi

Offline Willie

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2006, 03:33:31 PM »
I love 1897 Laura Collins as well.  Diana gave a truly marvelous performance in that role.  It seemed like the first part of 1897 was spent getting about 10 different plot lines started, while not really devoting much time to any of them.  The whole Laura Collins thing was really nice in that they were finally spending some time on a single plot and taking it to its conclusion.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2006, 05:13:32 PM »
I consider there to be a lesson to be learned in the story of Sky Rumson, which I plan to write and entitle, "Sky Rumson: The Chisel-Jawed Dreamboat Shows His True Stripes".    It's a cautionary tale for all naive, doe-eyed manipulative witches everywhere.     A comedian wrote a song a few years ago called "Chicks Dig Jerks".  Same general idea.    
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 01:35:53 AM »
I consider there to be a lesson to be learned in the story of Sky Rumson, which I plan to write and entitle, "Sky Rumson: The Chisel-Jawed Dreamboat Shows His True Stripes".    It's a cautionary tale for all naive, doe-eyed manipulative witches everywhere.     A comedian wrote a song a few years ago called "Chicks Dig Jerks".  Same general idea.     

Wow, I sure am quoting you a lot here lately. Maybe you SHOULD write that book after all. And I'm just here to say....boy is THAT ever true.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline barnabasjr

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:27:09 AM »
sad to see poor Barnabas repeating "experiment" over and over again and see him lying down on those ridiculous medical beds down in the Old House.

Hmmm... Didn't they only repeat the first experiment once? They did it the first time but [spoiler]Lang was accidentally killed by Cassandra.[/spoiler] And then when they repeated it, it was successful. (And it all took place in Lang's lab both times.  :)) But I suppose they did repeat both instances at the end of an episode and then as the teaser of the following episode.  ;)

I've been meaning to post about this very thing. I didn't like sitting through the Barnabas/Adam experiment twice, but I was even more irritated with having to get through the Eve experiment what, like three times? I forget who was first, Carolyn or Angelique, and then FINALLY Leona. It reminds me of when Liz [spoiler]is first pronounced dead, then comes back, and then later is pronounced dead again![/spoiler] Grrrr! [hall2_angry]
Your 3rd cousin in Virginia

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 06:22:19 PM »
i'm with those that absolutely love diana millay.

her laura collins is such a menace!both her 1966 and 1897 storylines are amongst the best written i think.the writers seemed to really have a sense of this character and diana brought it to life.

she's a very different type of villianess than angelique.ang is more vulnerable and sexy and reacts more emotionally to things.laura is more cold and calculating.

i found this character to be mesmerizing the minute she first walked into the collinsport diner(in a hat and gloves!).even without the whole supernatural element she was someone i was intrigued by and for a character that was only with the show for a total of about seven months she really made a lasting impression.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 08:02:12 PM »
Wow, I sure am quoting you a lot here lately. Maybe you SHOULD write that book after all. And I'm just here to say....boy is THAT ever true.

Thanks!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2006, 05:06:44 AM »
When Eric Lang is going to do the experiment, he asks barnabas if he would like Jeff Clark's face, and Barnabas promptly agrees, simply for the fact that he thinks it will make Vicki fall in love with him just because he looks like Clark. To me that is so superficial! It just makes me want to shake Barnabas. [santa_angry]

Also, during the experiment, the constant crackling of electricity from the machine drove me mad!

I know I've said this in previous posts, but Jerimiah's ghost returning to plague Barnabas and getting jealous because he thinks Barnabas took Josette away from him, when Jerimiah never even loved her in life. In death he should have realized what was going on. Why was he making such a ridiculous accusation?  [santa_huh]
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2006, 05:36:45 AM »
Barnabas at least came to his senses about using Jeff's face in the experiment when he hears Vicki talking with Lang, he's very affected by the worry and concern she shows for Jeff that he changes his mind. He was wrong in deciding to use Jeff's face in the first place but that can be attibuted to another of Barnabas' rash decisions that was spurred by jealousy except  this time no one had to change his mind about it or try and talk him out of it, he did it entirely on his own, which is a rarity with him.

As far as the ghost of Jeremiah is concerned, I think he was just doing what Angelique ordered him to do. I think that  eventually Jeremiah's spirit started to resent Angelique for bringing him back from the grave to do her bidding (and who could blame him) and this is what caused him to turn on her.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2006, 08:34:38 AM »
I guess Angelique's spells keep working after death.  We know she could summon up Jeremiah.    So she can affect ghosts.      He still thinks he loves Josette.