Author Topic: Barnabas' PJ's  (Read 2474 times)

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
Re: Barnabas' PJ's
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2002, 07:18:06 AM »
Hey Gang,

When you are an overnight patient in the hospital, you learn (rather quickly) to overcome any feeling of embarrassment as a result of some necessary medical procedure.

It's rather difficult for a guy to maintain his dignity when a rather large, middle-aged female nurse comes into your room and tells you to rollover on your side, so that she can take your "temperature."  What's a guy supposed to say to the nurse while she's "checking" your body temperature, "Hey, how did the Mets and Yankees do tonight?"

I can just imagine if that Nurse Ratched lookalike came into Barnabas' room to take his "temperature."  As the nurse "checked" him out, Mr. B. would probably look at her with an insouciant expression on his face and say, "You should feel honored, nurse, I usually only let Dr. Hoffman perform this test on me."

Bob the Bartender, who shudders when he remembers those mass Army physicals.

Please Bob not all of us nurses are large and middle aged well maybe sort of middle aged! LOL!
And now we take your temp in your ear Thank goodness!

jennifer

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Barnabas

• Junior Poster
  • aka Grayson Hall
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2002, 08:32:23 AM »
Actually, VAM, it's suspension of DISbelief....and much has been required of us already....and we're only 2 days into 1968!!!

Now, I'm old enough to remember 1968, and while I didn't spend much time in hospitals, I'd bet this month's mortgage payment that they never had sheets in those colors in any hospital around here!!!

Obviously the same demented set decorator that picked acid green and day-glo orange candles for the 18th century has been wandering around the Domestic Linens department in the same Kresge's from whence came Barnabas' PJ's.  The only thing that hasn't shown up yet (I'm almost afraid......) is the gawd-awful afghan!!

On the other hand, that little white dresser in Vicky's hospital room is currently for sale on page 53 of the latest Pottery Barn catalog....$849!!......I swear on a stack of scripts!!!

Rainey

In fact I just saw that dresser in the latest Pottery Barn catalogue and gagged when I saw the price. I have to admit though, that it now makes sense why Barnabas could have been awake at 4 in the afternoon. I guess the blood-curdling scream after seeing the sun was just a knee-jerk reaction.
"Aren't you Joan Bennett?"
"I used to be."

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2002, 07:01:52 PM »
Dear Jennifer,

I also feel empathy for the wonderful nurses who have to attend to "rather, large middle-aged" male patients.  So, turnabout is fair play.

Sincerely,

Bob the Bartender, who wistfully remembers the long ago days, when he still fit into a pair of size 31-inch waist-sized pair of pants.

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2002, 09:52:18 PM »
Dear Jennifer,

I also feel empathy for the wonderful nurses who have to attend to "rather, large middle-aged" male patients.  So, turnabout is fair play.

Sincerely,

Bob the Bartender, who wistfully remembers the long ago days, when he still fit into a pair of size 31-inch waist-sized pair of pants.[/quote

Those were the days Bob when i could eat anything and not gain an ounce!Hey i don't mind large patients
sometimes they are nicer than the "skinny" ones!
thanks for thinking of us!

jennifer

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV