Author Topic: Favorite line of dialogue?  (Read 6353 times)

Offline Garth Blackwood

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite line of dialogue?
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2008, 10:42:53 PM »
That family jewels remark reminded me of something that Barnabas said at one point. I think it was said to Magda

"In exchange for you help I will give you a small but valueable piece of the family jewels"

LOL!! The Julia in Magda (assuming their resemblance in meaningful) must have gotten excited to hear this.

As a side note, I always figured that Natalie and Andre Dupree had another sister, she married a man named Hoffman and had a son. This son moved from Martinique. He had a wife and family, but on business trip had a one-night stand with a gypsy, resulting in Magda. The legitimate part of his line eventually lead to Dr Hoffman.
"I am the law sir ... I have one and only one warning for you-- STAND ASIDE"

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2008, 11:24:30 PM »
Was Barnabas in 1897 using up the same jewels that he was giving to Willie for expenses in 1967?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Garth Blackwood

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2008, 11:31:41 PM »
Was Barnabas in 1897 using up the same jewels that he was giving to Willie for expenses in 1967?

Yeah so when he returns to 1969, there should be lawn chairs in the Old House, and Barnabas now sleeps in a cheap wooden box (he had to sell the other coffin) and finds himself wearing a t-shirt, cut-off shorts, and a pair of beaten up sneakers.
"I am the law sir ... I have one and only one warning for you-- STAND ASIDE"

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2008, 11:33:33 PM »
Of course he refuses to rebox himself after 1897 so he shouldn't end up in 1967 to begin with.... fun image though....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2008, 11:13:07 PM »
One of my favorite lines is when Willie, while locked in the secret room of the Collins Mausoleum, says "This gives me the willies, the willies, that's funny" or something like that.
May you die before you want too.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2008, 12:33:50 AM »
Buzz: If you feel it, sit it.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2008, 01:35:41 AM »
Gregory Trask to Magda: "Did you see my wife?"

Magda replies "Which one?"

This is after [spoiler] Minerva's ghost, under the control of Evan Hanley on Trask's orders, is haunting Judith. Judith sends for Magda, Magda comes and Trask forces her to lie to Judith that she doesn't see Minerva's spirit. [/spoiler]

Leave it to Magda to come up with another brilliant wisecrack! I also loved how she told him off before she left the house.