Author Topic: Better lawyer for a witchcraft trial....Desmond Collins or Peter Bradford...  (Read 2384 times)

IluvBarnabas

If you ask me, Desmond did a much better job [spoiler]defending Quentin during his witchcraft trial in 1840 than Peter did Vicki at her witchcraft trial in 1795. Desmond successfully was able to get Samantha's clearly spiteful and prejudicial testimony against Quentin thrown out, while Peter couldn't even put a dent in the damaging, perjuring testimony of Nathan Forbes.

Had Desmond not been wrongly implicated in practicing witchcraft himself, I think he could have gotten Quentin acquitted.[/spoiler]

If I were ever in trouble I know I'd want Desmond to represent me. He was far more experienced at practicing law than Peter was.

David

[hall2_grin]
Not only is Desmond a better lawyer, Karlen's a better actor!!!!!

David

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
I have to agree with David.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Does this convey my answer clearly enough?  [hall2_wink]

Based on his lawyering skills, or should we say lack thereof, back in August of 2003 we rechristened him Bozo Bradford.  [hall2_grin]

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
 [hall2_grin]
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
If you ask me, Desmond did a much better job [spoiler]defending Quentin during his witchcraft trial in 1840 than Peter did Vicki at her witchcraft trial in 1795. Desmond successfully was able to get Samantha's clearly spiteful and prejudicial testimony against Quentin thrown out, while Peter couldn't even put a dent in the damaging, perjuring testimony of Nathan Forbes.   Had Desmond not been wrongly implicated in practicing witchcraft himself, I think he could have gotten Quentin acquitted.[/spoiler]

True, but [spoiler]Barnabas is the one who ultimately got both men acquitted![/spoiler]   ;D
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

IluvBarnabas

Actually it was [spoiler]Angelique (of all people!) who ultimately saved Quentin and Desmond's necks. Despite Barnabas' best efforts Quentin wounded up getting convicted anyway. It was Angelique who laid herself on the line to help the Collins men (of course Barnabas did kind of motivate her to do it when he said he could never love her and we all know Angelique would do anything to win Barnabas' love).[/spoiler]

IluvBarnabas

BTW, that's a Hilarious photo! It's too funny! [hall2_grin]

I guess poor Peter missed out on his true calling.... [hall2_grin]

Offline Zahir

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
I agree that Desmond would be the better attorney--more knowledgable, more skilled, etc.

And keep in mind that Desmond had a disadvantage Bradford did not--namely, that while Vicki was innocent in every way, you could make the argument that Quentin was in some sense guilty because of his Stairway Through Time.

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile

Based on his lawyering skills, or should we say lack thereof, back in August of 2003 we rechristened him Bozo Bradford.  [hall2_grin]

OMG!  Needless to say - I LOVE it!
(He may have actually liked this costume considering all that puffy cotton candy hair he would have to play with.)
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
Cracks up and DIES. OMG!

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
There is simply no comparison. DESMOND!!! Better lawyer by far and handsomer, and not a grating voice. Gak if anything could have gotten Vicki convicted it's her lawyer's voice! Though in fairness to Peter, he was only in training to be a lawyer, he hadn't passed the bar yet I don't think. Neither had Barnabas and I don't know how he was even accepted to defend Quentin. But when he walked into the courtroom after [spoiler]having been walled up by Trask about a week earlier both Trask and Evan Hanley's faces were priceless to behold![/spoiler]

Love the Bozo pic, that's also priceless.

Alondra
[/b]

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
Hands down, it's Desmond.  First he was a REAL lawyer and second:
Not only is Desmond a better lawyer, Karlen's a better actor!!!!!

based on his lawyering skills, or should we say lack thereof, back in August of 2003 we rechristened him Bozo Bradford.  [hall2_grin]

Love the picture of Bradford, er, I mean Bozo.  They are one and the same. [silly]

Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline Evan Hanley

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Desmond is better. Karlen was amazeing as desmond and kendrick. I love karlen as those 2 characters.

Evan

Offline adamsgirl

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
This is definitely a no-brainer -- it's Desmond hands-down. But in poor, bumbling Peter's defense, he did tell Vicki he was only studying law and not a full-fledged lawyer yet.

BTW, the clown pic is hilarious! Suits him to a T!