Author Topic: Note on Greystone  (Read 864 times)

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
Note on Greystone
« on: November 23, 2006, 05:48:30 PM »
For anyone who was a Luke and Laura fan way back when on General Hospital and has been enjoying Laura's too brief return, I never realized til I read it in a recent soap mag that Luke and Laura's original wedding was filmed at Greystoke, of course the site of Collinwood for the 1991 series..was it also used in the 2004 pilot?? I THINK so...

Offline onyx_treasure

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Note on Greystone
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 11:30:36 PM »
     Genie Francis now lives  in the beautiful state o'Maine.  She owns a shop in Belfast.  I believe it is called "Cherished Home".  I caught a glimpse of it  when she gave an interview.  It is in a pretty little yellow and white  farmhouse.  I hope to go and see it soon but if it snows I ain't going until spring.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 12:44:11 AM »
That is absolutely true, Onyx treasure, Genie's shop is ironically in Maine and called that, she said in the soap magazine she hopes to come back to GH sometime and that she and her husband Jonathan Frakes are discussing how that might work....sorry, know this has gone to OT...

Okay, seeing this vintage Gh stuff does also show that perhaps soaps were better in the 70's and 80's when DS was still on, Ryan's Hope, etc...

Offline onyx_treasure

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 12:52:20 AM »
     Its not too far off topic.  Genie named her son Jameson Ivor.  Her father Ivor played Elizabeth's doctor and Jameson was a character on DS.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 01:40:02 AM »
Okay, seeing this vintage Gh stuff does also show that perhaps soaps were better in the 70's and 80's when DS was still on, Ryan's Hope, etc...

Soaps indeed were better in the mid-late 70's and the entire 80's.  Now they're just crap IMHO anyway.   ::)  I cried like a m-f'er during Luke & Laura's wedding.   ;D
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"