Poll

Which of these films do you like best that had plot points that directly influenced Dark Shadows stories?   Vote once

House of Dracula
1 (9.1%)
Return of Dracula
2 (18.2%)
The Mummy
3 (27.3%)
The Thing that Couldn't Die
0 (0%)
The Undead
1 (9.1%)
The Uninvited
4 (36.4%)
Werewolf of London
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: November 13, 2006, 10:38:57 PM

Author Topic: Films that have plots that influenced Dark Shadows  (Read 2704 times)

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Films that have plots that influenced Dark Shadows
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2006, 04:08:34 AM »
What about "The Innocents"?  Or does that not count because it is based on "Turn of the Screw"?

I also think "Night of the Living Dead" should get some credit for the zombies-destroying-Collinwood sequence.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Films that have plots that influenced Dark Shadows
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2006, 09:51:15 PM »
I'm painfully ignorant about films.   I'm building up an interesting library now, though, from $1 VHSs sold in tents along the road, things like that, so I'm catching up a bit.   I saw a zombie movie set in WW1 france I think starring Dean Jagger from the 30s??   Should I not have passed this up?   Something with Ray Milland from the early 60s too, some horror thing.    Sorry for the drift of topic but today, I feel a need to talk about broader things and life rather than DS specifics.   I was just thinking how I might start a board for this.    A "Life" board of some kind.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor