Author Topic: Roger Davis at next Hollywood Collectors Show  (Read 1258 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Roger Davis at next Hollywood Collectors Show
« on: November 18, 2006, 03:32:36 AM »
Roger is listed as a guest at the next Burbank show (February 16 and 17, 2007) along with Ben Murphy in an "Alias Smith and Jones" reunion.   No other DS alumni are listed at this time (although, if I'm not mistaken, none of the listed DS guests ended up attending the October show).  For more info:  Sharon and Ray Courts' Hollywood Collectors & Celebrities Show

Thanks, Kosmo!

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
Re: Roger Davis at next Hollywood Collectors Show
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 04:04:31 AM »
No other DS alumni are listed at this time (although, if I'm not mistaken, none of the listed DS guests ended up attending the October show).
Ahem. Nope, and I know of at least one instance where a name was listed when the individual in question had not agreed to appear, and that's not just a problem with this particular show. You really have to take the guest lists at these autograph shows with a grain of salt.

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Roger Davis at next Hollywood Collectors Show
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 07:33:52 AM »
I happened to be at the Hollywood Collectors' show today, and neither Roger Davis nor Ben Murphy showed up in the time that I was there.  There was a big "Alias Smith and Jones Reunion" banner on the wall behind a table with their names on it where assistants were selling photos, so the actors were definitely supposed to be attending.  One of the show organizers confirmed this and added that they were told to show up on time today because they were late yesterday.  The show opened at 10 AM, and I don't know if "late" meant 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM.  I had other plans for the afternoon and left the Collectors' Show around 12:30, so these actors were at least two and a half hours late.  I thought it was very unprofessional, for there were several fans wanting to get autographs who kept coming by the table only to be told that Ben and Roger were "on their way".  Also, it makes no business sense; if you show up late to an event where the goal is specifically to sell your photos and autographs, that's two hours' worth of money that you won't be making.  ???

ProfStokes