Poll

Who was the best briefly on the show character?

Suki Forbes
7 (25%)
King Johnny
11 (39.3%)
Janet Findley
0 (0%)
Garth Blackwood
1 (3.6%)
other
9 (32.1%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Favorite very brief characters  (Read 8148 times)

IluvBarnabas

Re: Favorite very brief characters
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2006, 07:32:46 PM »
I am curious Buzz.....do you think Carolyn should have given Buzz another chance? A couple of friends of mine who are also into DS think she should have and I know what a big Buzz fan you are [hall2_wink] What's your opinion?

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2006, 07:36:43 PM »
I am curious Buzz.....do you think Carolyn should have given Buzz another chance? A couple of friends of mine who are also into DS think she should have and I know what a big Buzz fan you are [hall2_wink] What's your opinion?

Oh DEFINATELY!  I even wrote a story about a second chance for the two of them.  ;)  He was one of the few REAL characters on DS, someone who was in touch w/the times.  Besides, he was funny as all get out and got some of the best one-liners on DS!  See below... [hall2_cool]
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2006, 07:40:45 PM »
I admit I did get such a  big kick out of Buzz.....I loved it the way he and Carolyn put Jason in his place when [spoiler]Jason tried to bribe Buzz into dumping Carolyn.[/spoiler]  [hall2_wink] [hall2_grin]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2006, 08:03:17 PM »
... do you think Carolyn should have given Buzz another chance? ...

Oh DEFINATELY! ...

Buzz most certainly would have been a huge improvement over the man she did marry.  [hall2_wink]

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2006, 08:54:48 PM »
Buzz most certainly would have been a huge improvement over the man she did marry. 

Very true!  He might have been crass and common, but at least he wasn't a cheap, insufferable pig!   [hall_grin]
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2006, 09:04:05 PM »
but at least he wasn't a cheap, insufferable pig!

Or a [spoiler]murderer - of Carolyn's father, no less.  [hall2_rolleyes][/spoiler]Buzz always struck me as the type of person who would only [spoiler]commit murder in self-defense, unlike Jeb, who certainly seemed to murder for the shear pleasure he derived from it.  [hall2_shocked][/spoiler]Buzz loved and enjoyed life too much to ever be so callous.

Offline Willie

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2006, 09:57:57 PM »
Suki Forbes for me.  I loved the way she put Nathan in his place.  Julianka was another good one - I really liked her, but her personality was so harsh in the short time we got to see her.  I was really hoping she would open up and we would get to know her better as the weeks went by, but alas, it wasn't to be. 

Honorable mention to Ezra Braithwait (or however you spell that).  That guy was a hoot. 

No votes for Carl's girlfriend Panzy Fay, huh?  I loved the utterly mortified look on Barney's face when she did her song and dance number  [hall2_grin]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2006, 10:29:42 PM »
I loved the utterly mortified look on Barney's face when she did her song and dance number

The exchange of looks between Barnabas and Beth afterward is a scream.  [lghy]  It's one of my favorite moments in 1897.

Offline onyx_treasure

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2006, 12:36:26 AM »
     I am surprised that King Johnny did not get more votes.  He can wear my golden earring anytime. [hall2_kiss]

By the way,  wasn't Buzz Hackett the son of the business man that Liz was going to sell property to because she needed the money.  This was brought up by Burke during an exchange with Elizabeth.  Buzz, the son of a classless nouveau riche business man.  Carolyn becomes Mrs. Buzz Hackett which would inject some cash into the Collins family bank account and put some pedigree in the Hackett clan. [hall2_cool]
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2006, 01:02:59 AM »
i really enjoyed suki forbes,buffie harrington and hannah stokes.

even though i disliked the adam storyline as a whole i got a kick out of "leona eltridge" too.

and another vote for the lovely and stylish portia fitzsimmons.would have loved to see more of her.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2006, 03:44:38 AM »
How about if I throw Grandmamamamamama Edith's hat into the ring?  Although I loved Buffie (by the way, Midnite, where else were other TV sets shown? - I'm completely blank), Grandmamamamama was another hoot, even when she blew her line and called Quentin by his brother's name, and just ad-libbed her way out of it.  It just made her character seem more real.

Gerard

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2006, 04:24:53 AM »
By the way,  wasn't Buzz Hackett the son of the business man that Liz was going to sell property to because she needed the money.  This was brought up by Burke during an exchange with Elizabeth. 

It's been awhile since I watched the pre-Barn eps, but I believe Burke *did* do business w/a man named Hackett.  Probably just a coincidence, but then again, what a great idea for a fan fic, Buzz as the near-do-well son of a weathy business man!   [hall2_grin]

I should also mention that I rather enjoyed Bathia Mapes, blooper and all!   [hall_grin]
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2006, 04:54:41 AM »
How about that guy Tate [spoiler]created out of thin air, who never spoke and got shot almost immediately![/spoiler]What a character!
 [female_skull] [female_skull] [candle_in_skull_2] [candle_in_skull_2] [candle_in_skull] [candle_in_skull]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2006, 05:44:36 AM »
by the way, Midnite, where else were other TV sets shown? - I'm completely blank)

Hi, Gerard!

They say a picture is worth a thousand blah blah blah...

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2006, 07:56:02 AM »
How about if I throw Grandmamamamamama Edith's hat into the ring?  Although I loved Buffie ... Grandmamamamama was another hoot, even when she blew her line and called Quentin by his brother's name, and just ad-libbed her way out of it.  It just made her character seem more real.

Excellent choice!  I've just started watching the 1897 storyline again and saw Ep. 705.  That's when Barnabas comes to meet grandmama and she recognizes him!  Oh what a delicious scene/episode.  Here's a few splendid shots:
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/