Author Topic: Best DS DVD Interviews?  (Read 4732 times)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
Re: Best DS DVD Interviews?
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2006, 02:09:14 AM »
And I'll go ahead and say the Jim Pierson interview is one of the least revelatory (and he seems to have given himsself all the edit time - older actors just go on and on; Pierson's interview is a rapid-fire edit in comparison.) His interview is like he's explaining the show to someone who's never heard of it- "DS for beginners"  Not sure why it's buried a third of the way into the DVD release. Anyone who's made it to volume 8 surely already knows everything he's saying.

After watching Pierson's interview I came to the decision to NEVER watch another Pierson interview again.  His was less relevant than Lara's in the black dress talking about the lore of the vampire.   [hall2_rolleyes]
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2006, 02:21:53 AM »
His was less relevant than Lara's in the black dress talking about the lore of the vampire.   [hall2_rolleyes]
Do you think it's because he lacks star quality or was it simply that he chose not to wear an empire-waisted velvet dress and conduct his interview in candlelight?  >:D

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2006, 04:26:00 AM »
I guess we can wait and see if Jim does indeed wear that dress at his wedding next year.

nancy

Do you think it's because he lacks star quality or was it simply that he chose not to wear an empire-waisted velvet dress and conduct his interview in candlelight?  >:D

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2006, 04:52:08 AM »
You know who's interview was pretty decent that hasn't been mentioned? Grayson and Sam Hall's son. Forget his name, but I really laughed at his story of how he used his mother's fame to get her to sign a paper.

He said that he needed Grayson to sign some school paper that he didn't want her to see, so he told her it was an autograph for a friend of his when he approached her early one morning, while she was still in bed. She signed it, and he went on and never told her about that paper.

This struck something with me because I did this more than once during the early morning hours before school! lol  [female_skull]
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline Phil

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2006, 06:22:50 AM »
That sounds hysterical.

In truth, it's rare that the major players say anything on the DVDs I haven't read or heard them say before in interviews. I like the lesser known players chiming in - Sy Thomashoff, etc.

What had happened to Louis Edmonds' face before these interviews? Some sort of surgery, obviously, but does anyone know the details?
"It's not Star Trek, there's not a convention every week. If I miss this, it's a three year dry spell." - Patton Oswalt on DS

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
  • Barnabas & Julia Forever!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2006, 01:52:59 PM »
Louis suffered from throat cancer, and the combination of surgery and treatment just about wrecked his health in later years.  Does anyone know what DVD volume has the Matthew Hall interview?  You've gotta hand it to Grayson- she only had one child, but the kid grew up to be very handsome indeed, and became a pubished novelist!

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2006, 04:40:31 PM »
Louis suffered from throat cancer, and the combination of surgery and treatment just about wrecked his health in later years.  Does anyone know what DVD volume has the Matthew Hall interview?  You've gotta hand it to Grayson- she only had one child, but the kid grew up to be very handsome indeed, and became a pubished novelist!

Just checked for ya and the interview is on Set 10 of the DVDs.

[female_skull]
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2006, 03:49:55 AM »
His was less relevant than Lara's in the black dress talking about the lore of the vampire.
Do you think it's because he lacks star quality or was it simply that he chose not to wear an empire-waisted velvet dress and conduct his interview in candlelight?

Hmmm...the dress and candles MAY have improved it!   >:D
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2006, 06:16:42 AM »
I don't know what "empire-waisted" is but I have a feeling it's a good thing.

I think no one should really be saying "methinks" in casual conversation.

I want to see all these interviews now and interesting comments, Nancy in particular.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor