Author Topic: MOMMIE DEAREST  (Read 2633 times)

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: MOMMIE DEAREST
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2002, 03:23:39 AM »
I created my own categories :)

I wouldn't mind having these as my own mother:

Elizabeth Collins Stoddard.  Has that denial thing going on, but most mothers have some kind of fault.  Sympathetic, understanding, intelligent, very classy.

Josette Collins (1840PT) Seemed understanding, intelligent.  Granted she has to take some responsibility for how Bramwell turned out so she doesn't get full credit as a mom.

Would have to live far away, but would still come home for holidays:

Sarah Johnson.  Can't cook worth a damn and she'd drive me nuts for extended periods, but she seems like a decent enough lady.  Again though, she produced the slimebucket that is Harry, so there are problems there.

Naomi Collins (1795) Let's be honest.  She's messed up, but she seemed to be a decent person and she loved her kids.  Again, I don't think we'd be close, but I would be fine with a distance relationship.  Probably be leaving AA pamphlets all over the house.

Yeah, that's my mother.  No, I don't want to talk about it

Flora Collins (1840) Space cadet, and how.  All sorts of strange freeloaders in the house all the time.  Desmond turned out the way he did . . . Definitely seeing a lot of "golly gee, Mama, I can't come home for Christmas, but I'll be thinking of you."

Samantha Collins (1840) Overly obsessive.  Prone to hysterics.  On the smothering side.  I'm not seeing her as someone I would want to be around much.

Edith Collins (1897) All we really know about her relationship with her kids is that they were away in boarding school--she claimed it was because Gabriel sent them away.  However, based on what we see of her, I get the feeling that if I brought a boyfriend/husband home, she'd be making a pass at him.

Jenny Collins (1897) Loved her children.  Also crazy.  Need I say more?

Please God, tell me I'm adopted or These women shouldn't be in charge of a house plant

Minerva Trask(1897) Scary religious freak and a snob to boot.  

Laura Collins (any incarnation) I would have run away by the time I was old enough to walk.  

Megan Todd By the time she had her um, child, she was a full fledged whack job, but without any redeeming qualities.

Angelique Collins (1970PT) At least Laura was consistent.  This woman could only be bothered to spend time/think about her kid when she had a spare moment between her manicure and the mud wrap.  Besides, look at the brat.  Again, need I say more?

Don't remember/not enough data:
Flora Collins (1841PT) Dimly recall this as being a standard Joan Bennett matron, other than that . . .

Catherine Harridge Collins.  Not thinking she is good mother material.  If her behavior as a fiancee and wife is any indicator . . . I'll leave it at that.

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2002, 05:02:11 AM »
My vote would be for Naomi.  I think Cassandra said it all.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Barnabas

• Junior Poster
  • aka Grayson Hall
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2002, 06:33:13 PM »
It would be Naomi Collins for me!! That woman deserves a medal for all the crap she had to go through. Here she was, a very loving & caring woman, who had to deal with a fanatic & cruel sister in law like Abigail,[vryevl] and a husband who was insensitive to her emotional needs. You could see how very nuturing she was to her children and also anyone else who needed her help. She treated Vicky as one of her own while everyone else was against her. And hey, she was even kind to Angelique!! :o It's too bad that those around her didn't give her the credit she deserved. She could have probably run that household very nicely had she been given the chance.

I second the motion!
"Aren't you Joan Bennett?"
"I used to be."

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2002, 01:37:30 AM »
Jennifer said:

I think you are right Cassandra  that's why it happened!
i think Justin "comforted" her in his own way!

True, and it WAS after Barnabas died, but still, Justin was married to Flora and shouldn't have been dallying with Barn's widow.  Those blasted Collins men, "comforting" women that way--haven't they ever heard of a nice hug?

Disgruntled!

Love, Robin
Author, LAUGH OUT LOUDS FOR MOMS
(A wonder gift for a mother you love for Mother's Day!)

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2008, 12:50:16 AM »
Elizabeth, Naomi and Mrs. Johnson are the best mothers IMO.

I don't blame Carolyn's early spoiled little rich girl attitude on Elizabeth nor do I blame Harry's shortcomings on Mrs. Johnson.....it does happen that you can be the best parent in the world and your kids will still go haywire! Elizabeth and Mrs. Johnson had the patience of a saint putting up with those crazy kids of theirs.

Despite her drinking problem, Naomi loved Barnabas and Sarah very deeply and unconditonally and would have done anything for them.