Author Topic: The Continuity was Copacetic and Other Sordid Ideas  (Read 2378 times)

Offline Ben

• Full Poster
  • That night must go ... nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: The Continuity was Copacetic and Other Sordid Ideas
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2002, 05:58:07 AM »
The one regret that I have is that my hero/avatar, Bob Rooney, never seemed to have any TJB or Brazil '66 music on the Blue Whale jukebox.

I could swear that there was at least one episode where a Herb Alpert & TJB-esque number (you know, with those peppy, happy horns) was emanating from the Blue Whale jukebox at the end of a scene.  I thought it was an effective use of the lighthearted music contrasting with the rather grave conversation between the characters in the bar (Willie and Jason?  Burke and Vicki?  Barnabas and Paul Stoddard?  I have no idea!).  Instead of using a standard DS music cue, they just let the jukebox tune close out the scene.  I'm pretty sure this wasn't the real Herb 'n' the Brass, but a sound-alike number that Robert Cobert must have written.

Ben
(wondering if I-Ching would help me recount the above scene and characters better)  ::)

Offline Paul

• Junior Poster
  • I Love Bathia Mapes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2002, 06:09:03 AM »
Cassandra, Thank you for telling me that Phyllis Wick #2 was played by Margo Head. it is an unofficial hobby of mine to get the names of different actors playing the same characters. Paul  ;D
Paul

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2002, 10:46:48 PM »
Yes, Julia never does publish her book on the Collins family, nor does Liz ever ask her to explain what became of it.  I guess she was just grateful to have a doctor on-call right there at home, given all the sedatives required to keep that family calm!

:o

Love, Robin

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2002, 07:26:03 PM »

Julia. . .. As it happens Julia never does move out, nor is her "book" ever mentioned again.

I think that's cuz everyone knew (unscripted but hinted at on other occasions) that  Julia was sticking around for the B-man. . .
Julia99